Last updated on February 26th, 2019 at 11:04 am
How to make a copycat McDonald’s Shamrock Shake for St. Patrick’s Day. A tasty green mint homemade dessert recipe to enjoy all year long!
Easy Shamrock Shake for St. Patrick’s Day
Since my husband is half Irish, we love celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! Oh and of course enjoying green treats like a Shamrock Shake and wearing lots of green. It’s the perfect time to celebrate by making rainbow themed desserts and enjoying delicious green food and drinks.
I had fun making a homemade, healthier, copycat version of McDonald’s famous Shamrock Shake. People really go crazy over that green goodness! This delicious dessert recipe is very easy to make, and tastes just like a McDonald’s shake!
My kids love the added rainbow candy and clouds on top! Now we just need some gold… the real kind would be fantastic:-)
Shamrock Shake Video
I’m getting the hang of making videos and having a ball! So, in honor of St. Patrick’s Day, I’m sharing how to make this Shamrock Shake recipe on my YouTube Channel.
Hopefully you will notice a change for the better in my video quality. At least now I have a reason to get my nails done. ha! Notice the green tips for this St. Patrick’s Shamrock Shake video. We’ll see how creative I can get in the future!
Please stop by to subscribe to my Youtube channel. If you can’t see the video below, you can watch How to Make a Shamrock Shake on YouTube.
This recipe would also be amazing with organic, pure Peppermint Essential Oil instead of the extract I used in the video.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
I hope you enjoyed this McDonald’s Copycat Recipe for a Shamrock Shake! Thank you for watching, and have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Shamrock Shake McDonald's Copycat Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Greek frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 5 drops green food coloring
- Whipped Cream
- Airheads Xtremes Sour Belt Candy
- Add frozen yogurt, milk and mint extract into a blender.
- Add about 5 drops of green food coloring and blend to make your shamrock shake.
- Pour into a serving glass.
- Squeeze a cloud of whipped cream on each side of the top of your shake.
- Insert the Airheads candy into the whipped cream to create a rainbow.
- Serve with colorful straw and enjoy!
Originally published March 5, 2014
You might also like these St. Patrick’s Day ideas…