Easy recipe for Wonder Park Porcupine Cupcakes. Learn how to turn a lovable movie character into a sweet dessert. Fun party food idea!
Sponsored by Paramount Pictures
Wonder Park Porcupine Cupcakes
If you like porcupines and cupcakes, then today is your day! Wonder Park, in theaters March 15, tells the story of a magnificent amusement park where the imagination of a wildly creative girl named June comes alive.
We’re so excited to see this movie! After watching the trailer and seeing all of the movie characters, Steve the porcupine made me laugh out loud. I immediately imagined him as a cupcake. So true to the imagination theme of film, I’m excited to show you how to make these funny Wonder Park Porcupine Cupcakes!
Meet Steve from Wonder Park
Steve is Wonder Park’s safety officer. I can only imagine what it will be like having a porcupine as the safety officer. I’m guessing lots of laughs! What do you think of him as a cupcake? I think he’s pretty sharp myself!
Watch the clip all about Steve below. Then I’ll show you how to turn him into porcupine cupcakes!
How to Make Steve the Porcupine Cupcakes
I haven’t seen many porcupine cupcakes on the internet, so what you see came straight out of my imagination. Steve is very simple… just a big pink nose and large teeth. Having a bunch of these Wonder Park porcupine cupcakes on a dessert table will really wow your party guests!
First, bake or buy your favorite cupcakes. Now frost your cupcakes with white frosting. Want a good recipe? These fluffy white cake and frosting recipe is amazing!
Spray the top of each cupcake with silver food coloring mist and set aside.
Wonder Park Porcupine Face
What you’ll need for Porcupine cupcake faces:
- Mini Marshmallows
- Pink Candy Melts
- Pink and Black Edible Markers
- Toothpicks and Scissors
Make the porcupine nose by using a toothpick to carve two nostrils on the bottom half of a pink candy melt. Color the nostrils with a pink edible marker so they stand out.
With a sharp knife, slice a mini marshmallow in half and trim the top of each half off so it looks like a smile shape. Outline a tooth onto the marshmallow mouth with a black edible marker. Now color the rest of the mouth black.
Easy Porcupine Quills
Once you have Steve’s mouth and noses made, you’re ready to decorate your porcupine cupcakes! Cookies and cream Pocky candy are perfect for his quills!
Begin by inserting a few pocky candy pieces into the top of the cupcake. Break some in half to make various sizes of needles. Use 10-15 pocky pieces per cupcake. I used three 2.47 oz boxes to make six cupcakes.
Gently place a pink nose onto a cupcake, then add his marshmallow mouth and push into the icing well.
Cute Porcupine Cupcakes!
Didn’t Steve turn out cute? I hope you enjoyed this easy porcupine cupcake tutorial. Go see Wonder Park in theaters March 15! Visit WonderParkMovie.com to get your tickets now!
- Frost your cupcakes with white frosting.
- Spray the top of each cupcake with sliver food coloring mist and set aside.
- Make the porcupine nose by using a toothpick to carve two nostrils on the bottom half of a pink candy melt.
- Color the nostrils with a pink edible marker. Repeat until you have 12 noses.
- With a sharp knife, slice a mini marshmallow in half and trim the top of each half off so it looks like a smile shape.
- Outline a tooth onto the marshmallow mouth with a black edible marker. Color the rest of the mouth black. Repeat until you have 12 mouths.
- Begin decorating the cupcakes by inserting a few pocky candy pieces into the top of the cupcake. Break some in half to make various sizes of needles. Use 10-15 pocky pieces per cupcake.
- Gently place a pink nose onto a cupcake.
- Add his marshmallow mouth and push into the icing well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Watch the Wonder Park trailer below…