Hello and welcome back to another fun-filled year! My kids are back to school today and I finally have a free moment to write here again.
Over the holiday break, I’ve been thinking a lot about goals for the new year. I usually get a LOT done, but I rarely plan in advance and am not very organized. I’m an artist and my mind is all over the place! When I get an idea, it’s usually big and I jump right into it. I do way more when the idea is fresh and new. If I wait too long to start something, I get bored and move onto something else.
I have been known to get an idea, then the next thing you know I will have started a new business adventure, re-decorated my living room in a day or traveled across the country for something. I feel like I’ve finished a lot of projects, but if I actually planned ahead and focused, I know I could achieve even more.
This might shock those of you who are chart and organization lovers, but I have never written out a list of goals. Never ever. I write a lot of to-do lists and reminders, but those are usually short-term to keep myself on track and not to forget anything.
All of my goals have been stored in my head. I’m a visual person, so I don’t know why I haven’t written them down before?
Since one of my main goals for 2014 is to get organized, I figure I better start with a goal list and made mine available as a free printable to you!
I’m writing down my goals this year because of these 4 reasons:
1. To figure what I want
If you are anything like me, I have a hard time deciding what to do because I like so many things! So writing them down, then narrowing them down even more has helped me figure out my the main goals I want to tackle.
2. Motivate me more to take action
Just writing down goals does not mean you will actually do them. I’m hoping by seeing them each day on a list, it will help me get more motived to achieve them.
3. Help me stay focused
When other opportunities come my way, I hope to look at my goal sheet and be reminded of what I was supposed to be doing!
4. See my progress and celebrate!
Being able to achieve a goal and cross something off of a list is worth celebrating. I thought I would share my goals here to make myself even more accountable. I will follow-up on these goals each quarter to see how I’m doing.
My Top 5 Goals for 2014
1. De-clutter my house and get organized
2. Drink more water and eat less carbs
3. Not be on my computer so much
4. Get more sleep
5. Live a more full and active life – travel to fun places, exercise, enjoy friends and family more
I really wanted to put loose 20 lbs on my top 5, but trying to put things I can actually do! I’m setting my expectations low. ha!
What is one of your top goals for the year?
See more of mine and get the free printable goal list…
- Organize 1 area of my home per week. (using this planner)
- Make myself go to bed by 11:30 pm.
- Wake up at 5:45 am each weekday to do something for ME. This gives me 1 hour to myself before I have to wake my kids for school. I plan on doing one of the following: Shower and get dressed, Organize, Write, Exercise or Read.
- De-stress by taking daily walk breaks
- No late night carbs.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Start doing yoga – either at home or a gym.
- Read at least 1 new book a month.
- Document more of everyday life with photos. Limit the use of my iPhone and take more photos with my nice camera.
- Be braver and do things that scare me.
- Spend more quality time with husband.
- Host or plan at least one girlfriend event a month.
- Invite 1 different friend each month to lunch.
- Sign my daughter up for cheerleading.
- Tennis lessons for both kids in the spring.
- Find summer camps for both kids early.
- Plan trips to visit inspiring entrepreneur friends.
- Go to at least 3 conferences or events.
- Plan one vacation with my kids and husband.
- Plan one summer adventure for myself and friends – hopefully Greece!
- Visit extended family.
- Save as much as I can and maximize my IRA
- Find one more great cause and donate money to help
- Stay organized each month with my business accounts
- Organize my home – get rid of all clutter!
- Move my daughter into a new “big girl” room.
- Turn guest room into a craft room
- Buy or make new curtains in kitchen
- Hang curtains in family room
- Buy new refrigerator
- Get estimates for a new front door. Maybe get a new door.
- Finish the book that I have been working on for the past year.
- Plan ahead better with an editorial calendar. Use this weekly blog calendar.
- Design and launch new products.
- Inspire and teach more through speaking events or the blog.
- Make more videos.
- Hire an editor or assistant.
Do you write down goals? How has it helped you?
Free Printable –> Create your own goals for the year with this Free Printable Yearly Goals Sheet!
I just finished designing a NEW Printable 2014 Personal Planner with even more sheets to help get myself organized. Let the organizing begin!
Become an Exclusive Member of Living Locurto for more printables and special templates for bloggers. Click the image below to learn more.