4 Reasons to Write Down Goals with a Free Printable Goals Sheet for the year. Help to get your life and business organized.
Free Printable Goals Sheet
Hello and welcome back to another fun-filled year! It’s time to set goals and get organized. I’m excited to share my latest Free Printable Goals Sheet to help you achieve your goals this year.
Over the holiday break, I’ve been thinking a lot about goals for the new year. I usually get a LOT done, but I rarely plan in advance and am not very organized.
I’m an artist and my mind is all over the place! When I get an idea, it’s usually big and I jump right into it. I do way more when the idea is fresh and new. If I wait too long to start something, I get bored and move onto something else.
I have been known to get an idea, then the next thing you know I will have started a new business adventure, re-decorated my living room in a day or traveled across the country for something. I feel like I’ve finished a lot of projects, but if I actually planned ahead and focused, I know I could achieve even more.
Do you write down your goals?
This might shock those of you who are chart and organization lovers, but I have never written out a list of goals. Never ever. I write a lot of to-do lists and reminders, but those are usually short-term to keep myself on track and not to forget anything.
All of my goals have been stored in my head. I’m a visual person, so I don’t know why I haven’t written them down before?
Since one of my main goals for the year is to get organized, I figure I better start with a goal list and made mine available as a free printable to you!
4 reasons To Write Down Goals:
1. To figure what You want
If you are anything like me, I have a hard time deciding what to do because I like so many things! So writing them down, then narrowing them down even more has helped me figure out my the main goals I want to tackle.
2. Motivate Yourself to take action
Just writing down goals does not mean you will actually do them. I’m hoping by seeing them each day on a list, it will help me get more motived to achieve them.
3. Help stay focused
When other opportunities come my way, I hope to look at my goal sheet and be reminded of what I was supposed to be doing!
4. See Your progress and celebrate!
Being able to achieve a goal and cross something off of a list is worth celebrating. I thought I would share my goals here to make myself even more accountable. I will follow-up on these goals each quarter to see how I’m doing.
My Top 5 Goals For Now
1. De-clutter my house and get organized
2. Drink more water and eat less carbs
3. Not be on my computer so much
4. Get more sleep
5. Live a more full and active life – travel to fun places, exercise, enjoy friends and family more
I really wanted to put loose 20 lbs on my top 5, but trying to put things I can actually do! I’m setting my expectations low. ha!
What is one of your top goals for the year?
Scroll down to see more of mine and get the free printable goal list…
- Organize 1 area of my home per week. (using the Living Locurto fun club planner)
- Wake up at 5:45 am each weekday to do something for ME.
- De-stress by taking daily walk breaks
- No late night carbs.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Read at least 1 new book a month.
- Be braver and do things that scare me.
- Spend more quality time with husband.
- Host or plan at least one girlfriend event a month.
- Invite 1 different friend each month to lunch.
- Plan trips to visit inspiring entrepreneur friends.
- Go to at least 2 conferences or events per year.
- Plan at least one big vacation with my family a year.
- Visit extended family.
- Save as much as I can and maximize my IRA
- Find one more great cause and donate money to help
- Stay organized each month with my business accounts
DownLoad the Free Printable Yearly Goals Sheet
Free Printable –> Create your own goals for the year with this Free Printable Yearly Goals Sheet!
Do you write down goals? How has it helped you?
Join the Living Locurto Fun Club for more printables and special templates for bloggers. Click the image below to learn more.
Originally Published January 7, 2014