Easy Christmas Tree Cupcakes make the perfect holiday dessert! If you love to bake, put these cute farm fresh cakes on your list of things to make this season.
Sponsored by Oriental Trading
Easy Christmas Tree Cupcakes
When school is out for the holidays, all I want to do is bake! These pretty Christmas Tree Cupcakes are the perfect dessert to make with your kids and so simple!
When you’re wanting something super adorable to take to your Christmas gathering or holiday party, these are the perfect cupcakes to wow your friends and family!
I made these fun Christmas Tree Cupcakes for Oriental Trading along with a cute free printable Farm Fresh Christmas Tree sign for your party table.
If you’re not into baking, you can easily make them by ordering chocolate cupcakes with white frosting, then adding your Christmas trees later.
Buffalo plaid cupcake wrappers and a dusting of powered sugar make them an irresistible dessert!
Lightly coat your cupcakes with powdered sugar for snow, then display your cupcakes with beautiful buffalo plaid cupcake wrappers for a merry and bright dessert table!
More fun Christmas Tree Themed Recipes
What You’ll Need To Make Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Making Christmas tree cupcakes is very easy, but you’ll need to gather everything first. Here’s a few tips on what you’ll need!
Make sure you have these items on hand before making your cupcakes:
- About a dozen chocolate cupcakes
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Green Food Coloring
- Ice Cream Sugar Cones
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make an Edible Christmas Tree
After you make the cupcake frosting and color it green, add some of the frosting to a piping bag with a star tip.
Coat a sugar cone with green frosting, then pipe small leaf like sections of frosting one layer at a time.
Start piping the leaves from the bottom of the sugar cone and work your way up.
When you have your ice cream cone Christmas trees frosted, sprinkle with powdered sugar to look like snow.
With an ice cream cone Christmas tree and cute printable sign, these fun cupcakes will be the hit of your party!
–> Get the free printable sign here on the Oriental Trading blog.
Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- 12 Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup Butter Softened
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 2-3 teaspoons Green Food Coloring
- 12 Ice Cream Sugar Cones
- Powdered Sugar For Dusting
- In a mixer, cream the butter until it is smooth for about 3 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar 1/2 a cup at a time then mix another minute.
- Add vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Add milk and mix until frosting has reached the preferred consistency.
- Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with more powdered sugar.
Christmas Tree Cones
- Add white frosting to a bowl and mix in green food coloring until you get the desired Christmas tree color of green.
- With a knife, cover a sugar cone with green frosting and place on top of a cupcake.
- Add the green frosting to a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe small leaf like sections of frosting one layer at a time, starting from the bottom of the cone and working your way up.
- When you have your ice cream cones frosted, sprinkle the Christmas trees with powdered sugar to look like snow.
You might also love these cute Santa Cupcakes!