How to make an easy Christmas Tree Donut Wall for $25 or less. This simple Christmas party food craft and homemade donut recipe will wow your guests making you and your adorable donut wall the hit of the season!
Easy to Make a Christmas Tree Donut Wall
I’m a HUGE fan of donut walls for a party, but they always look so complicated to make. But since I really wanted one for my annual Grinch Party, I brainstormed a way to make an easy donut wall that was of course green and could be made with simple to find materials from a craft store. From that brainstorming came our newest holiday party creation…. the Christmas Tree Donut Wall!
Seriously, how cute is this donut wall? It would be great for any holiday party because it’s small enough to take in the car and set up wherever you want!
Both kids and adults will go crazy over it! I’m sure my daughter will want to make one for her cheer team this year. What’s great is, this craft is even simple enough for kids to make!
Make this easy Christmas Tree Donut Wall for:
- your family on Christmas morning
- a teacher appreciation breakfast
- a Christmas party instead of your usual dessert
Low Cost Holiday Party Food Craft
Not only is this Christmas Tree Donut Wall SO EASY to make and looks adorable on your party table, it costs next to nothing. Literally the most expensive thing you’ll buy are the donuts! You can make your own donuts with my homemade donut recipe below to save money. We got ours made at a local donut shop for $15. Overall this project will cost you less than $25. Gotta love that!!!
For this tutorial, Living Locurto team member and party expert Annaliese shows you how to make our donut wall, along with a simple way to style this on your own holiday party table. I hope you love this fun food idea as much as we do!
How to Make a Christmas Tree Donut Wall
This adorable Christmas Tree Donut Wall will make any donut lover’s dreams come true!
Enjoy these step-by-step photos and instructions. Be sure to click here to leave a comment below, and if you make this, please share your photos on Instagram with the hashtag #LivingLocurto or on our Facebook page. We’d love to see and feature you on the Living Locurto social channels!
What you’ll need for a Christmas Tree Donut Wall:
- 1 White Foam Board (20″ x 30″)
- 4” Lollipop Sticks (You will need 8 sticks cut in half)
- Yellow Scrapbook Paper
- Red Scrapbook Paper
- Ruler or Measuring Tape
- 15 Green Glazed Donuts
Turn the foam board vertically and measure to find the center. The board will stand up tall when completed.
Measure roughly 7” down from the center of the top of the board. This is where the top of the first donut will be placed.
Begin arranging the donuts in a “Christmas tree” shape on top of the foam board. Start with one donut in the top row, two in the second row, etc, until you end with five donuts in the bottom row.
Using a pencil, mark a spot inside the donuts’ holes right at the very top to mark where you will place the sticks from which they will hang. Remember, DO NOT put the mark in the middle, it must be at the top of the hole where the donut will rest on the stick.
Cut each 4” lollipop stick in half and press firmly into the foam board on top of each of your marked spots. The sticks should stay put inside the board, but if you want to insure they don’t fall out, you can hot glue them to the board. If you plan to use this donut wall only one time, I wouldn’t bother with glue! Skipping that step will save yourself some time.
Cut a star from yellow scrapbook paper and then hot glue it to the board directly above the top donut.
Cut a 3”x3” square from red scrapbook paper and hot glue it to the board in the center of the bottom row of donuts.
Add all of your donuts to form a Christmas Tree. The end result is so adorable!!!
The Perfect Christmas Tree Donut Wall
With very little time and money, you can make the cutest donut wall ever this holiday season!
Easy Homemade Donut Recipe
If you want to make your own donuts, here is a simple homemade donut recipe you can make in minutes!
Christmas Tree Donut Wall - Homemade Donut Recipe
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 2 cups cinnamon applesauce
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- green food coloring
- candy sprinkles optional
- donut pan
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray one donut pans with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cake mix (the dry mix) with the applesauce.
- Add donut batter to a gallon-size baggie or frosting bag and pipe into each donut ring almost completely full with batter.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until donuts spring up when touched. Let donuts cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Add frosting to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 15-20 seconds. Stir in several drops of green food coloring until you get the desired color.
- While the frosting is creamy and melted, dip one donut at a time into the frosting and place each donut back on the wire rack and cover with sprinkles.
- Repeat until all donuts are glazed. Give the glaze 15 minutes to cool, then add to your Christmas Tree Donut Wall.
You might also like these fun Christmas Party Ideas…
Photos & Styling by Annaliese Johnson
Annaliese is a party stylist and owner of Made of Sugar and Spice, a dress-up party boutique for little girls ages 3 – 10 located in historic downtown McKinney, Texas. Her love of color, pretty girly things, glitter, and creative nature help transform every day occasions into the best day ever.