Making Christmas cookies is what you do when you are stuck in your house for 4 days during a crazy Texas ice storm. At least, that’s what we did at my house!
Baking not only made me feel better after an exciting trip of mine was canceled, because the airport was pretty much shut down, but also entertained the family. Luckily I was able to reschedule my trip for next month and I stocked up on chocolate before the ice storm!
One of the chocolates I bought was a big bag of mini Rolo candies. After making Peppermint Santa Hat Sugar Cookies, I decided to stuff some of my favorite chocolate chip cookies with a Rolo.
Because I was down about my trip and several fun local Holiday events being canceled, I added dark chocolate chunks and red and green white chocolate chips. The more chocolate the better.
Chocolate always makes me feel better. Yum!
I thought adding holly sprinkles on the Rolo made them extra festive and cute. Too bad we ate them all up! They would have made adorable gifts. That’s if we could have gotten out of our driveway to deliver them.
I hope you enjoy this easy to make, delicious Rolo Double Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookie recipe!
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ package chocolate chips (red and green)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 bag of Rolos
- Holly Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir baking soda, flour and salt; set aside.
- Combine butter, sugars and pudding mix, beating until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg; beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into balls and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven, place on a wire rack to cool
- Before cookies cool, stuff a Rolo in the middle of the cookie.
- While the Rolo is still warm, gently add holly sprinkles to the top of the candy.
You might also enjoy these fun food ideas for Christmas!