Last updated on December 10th, 2015 at 04:04 pm
Here in Dallas, we are frozen. Literally the ice is so bad that we haven’t been able to get out of our driveway since Friday! If you follow me on Instagram, you have seen the icy fun we have been having.
Besides sledding down the driveway, we have had lots of time to bake cookies and taste test the best recipes for Santa. One of my favorite holiday candies are Candy Cane Hershey Kisses! I normally don’t like candy canes, but I can’t stop eating these. I always think they look like little Santa hats, so we made some cookies that did just that!
These cute Santa Hat Peppermint Sugar Cookies not only look good, but taste delicious!
You can see what I’ve been doing while iced in the house… it’s a hard job to taste test cookies, but someone has to do it!
We think Santa will really enjoy these soft chewy cookies, don’t you?
Whether you serve them to Santa, take to a cookie exchange or pack up for sweet gifts, these yummy Peppermint Sugar Cookies are sure to please anyone!
Since we are iced in again today, I’m sure we will be making even more cookies. What is your favorite holiday cookie?
We really loved this recipe. I hope you enjoy it too!
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 30 Candy Cane Hershey Kiss Candies crushed
- 40-50 Unwrapped Candy Cane Hershey Kiss Candies (2 bags of candy in all)
- 2 Tubs Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme (7 oz.)
- White Icing - Tube or Homemade
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine softened butter and sugar, mix until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla and peppermint.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the crushed candy.
- Roll dough into small balls and place onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and wait a few minutes to move cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- When cookies have cooled, add a small spoonful of marshmallow creme to the top of each cookie.
- Gently press a Hershey Kiss Candy onto the marshmallow creme in the middle of each cookie. Remove and try again if placement is not correct. The creme will smooth out on it's own after a few seconds.
- Pipe a small ball of white icing to the top of the candy to create a Santa hat.
- Keep cookies flat for 30 minutes or until marshmallow creme does not spread. Move to serving plate.