I love making fun food desserts for a party! Oreos and cake pops are two of my favorite things, so when I asked Living Locurto readers on Facebook to suggest an idea for an easy dessert recipe and Oreo Cake Balls was suggested several times, of course I had to make them!
These treats and Free Printable Party Flags are perfect for a 4th of July Celebration.
I am surprised that I have never made these treats before, as they are so easy!
I am not good at dipping cake balls into chocolate, so I made the Oreo balls more fun by turning them into pops with red and blue paper straws for a 4th of July party!
I mixed a Ghirardelli white chocolate bar with White Chocolate Chips to cover the Oreo balls and they were so yummy!
Free Printable Happy 4th of July Party Flags
–> Download the Free Printable Happy 4th of July Party Flags
©2013 LivingLocurto.com • For Personal Use Only
- 1 Package of Oreo Cookies
- 1 8oz. Package of Cream Cheese
- 1-2 Cups White Chocolate Chips or White Chocolate Bar such as Ghirardelli
- Lollipop Sticks or Paper Straws (if using paper straws, cut them in half to use less straws)
- Candy Sprinkles
- Wax Paper
- Crush Oreos in a food processor. (You an also seal in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.)
- Mix cream cheese with the crushed cookies.
- Roll cookie mixture into 1" balls. Place on a pan covered in wax paper and freeze for 10-20 minutes.
- While Oreo balls are hardening. Melt white chocolate chips in a glass dish. (I heated them in the microwave for 30-60 seconds and stirred, then re-heated as needed.)
- Remove cookie balls from freezer, stick straws or lollipop sticks into the top.
- Dip balls in melted white chocolate and place on wax paper.
- Sprinkle the top with candy sprinkles before the chocolate dries.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin