A homemade elf bow is perfect for adding to a girl’s hair, attaching to a wrapped holiday present or a cute gift idea from your Christmas elf!
We’re so excited that our Christmas Elf, Peter, is back from the North Pole! We love anything elf related and today’s Elf Bow craft is an easy idea for homemade gifts, adding some festive flair to your wrapped presents, or elf fashion for your girl’s hair.
Have you ever made your own bows? I love making bows for gifts and now that my daughter is a competitive cheerleader, we’re all about the bow. ha!
This cute elf bow is super easy to make and looks adorable! All you need is thick red ribbon, thin green ribbon, and some colored paper.
How to Make an Elf Bow
- 1- 2 inch red ribbon
- 1/4 inch green ribbon
- White card stock
- Green card stock
- Glitter card stock
- Hot glue gun
- First, cut out your elf bow pieces.
- You’ll need six 1/4 inch thick strips of white card stock. Cut them the same width as your red ribbon.
- Next, trim two slightly thicker strips of glitter card stock.
- Cut the top of the elf booties out of green paper. They will look like upside down crowns.
- Cut two elf feet out of the red ribbon. Make sure the top width is the same width as your ribbon.
We’ve made it easy to cut out your pieces with samples for you in the photo below…
Now you are ready to assemble your elf bow.
- Tie a bow with the red ribbon leaving at least 3-4 inches of ribbon space to add your embellishments.
- Glue a small strip of the green ribbon around the middle of the bow. Hot glue it in place.
- Glue the elf feet onto the end of the ribbon, then add the rest of your paper.
- Trim the edges of the paper to line up with the ribbon.
Now you’ve got a cute elf bow!
If you want to make a hair bow, just hot glue it to a hair band.
Find more cute elf ideas in The North Pole Elf Shop!
Have an Xbox or Minecraft lover? Check out the latest “ELFBox” printables from Peter!
Get over 25 simple and fun Elf on the Shelf ideas along with more printables!