Love chickens? Learn how to make a cute chicken coop with Pop Tarts toaster pastries. This is a fun dessert board or birthday cake topper for anyone who loves backyard chickens!
Cute Chicken Coop Dessert Board
If you love backyard chickens, this adorable Chicken Coop Dessert Board I made with Pop Tarts and Easter candy will be one of your new favorite desserts to serve at your next gathering!
I have made cute chicken cupcakes, baby chick lemon pies, and chick marshmallow treats in the past, so I’m excited at how cute this edible chicken coop turned out! This is the perfect dessert to add to my collection of chicken desserts don’t you think?
Pop Tarts Chicken Coop Dessert Board with Easter candy
Making a dessert board for a birthday party, Easter or any celebration is very easy! Adding a Pop Tarts Chicken Coop makes it even more fun.
Everything on this Chicken Coop Dessert Board is edible and perfect for snacking or making a wow statement on your dessert table.
How to Make an Edible Chicken Coop
This cute chicken coop only takes about 20 minutes to assemble and completely edible! Here’s what you’ll need.
- Toaster Pastries – I used Pop Tarts, but have found a tasty Low Carb, Gluten-Free and Keto version of them –> here.
- White Decorating Icing – This is what glues the coop together. I used this brand.
- Edible Easter Grass – I love having everything edible on my dessert boards. Find it here.
- Easter Chicks Chocolate Candy – Use can use any kind of candy, but I thought these baby chicks were really cute! Find them here.
Follow directions below for how to make a chicken coop dessert board.
Fill a board or serving tray with more edible grass, chicken chocolates, fruit, jelly beans and egg shaped candies.
I also think this cute chicken coop would also be adorable on top of a birthday cake!
You’ll also love these sweet desserts
- 35 Best Easter Desserts and Crafts
- Bunny Cheesecake Strawberry Bites
- Candy Carrot Cupcakes
- Easy Lemon Dip
- Easter Candy Milkshakes
- Robins Egg Chocolate Cake
- Easter Bunny Race Cars with Peeps
Chicken Coop Dessert Board
- Candy eggs
- Cut 3 Pop Tarts as pictured on the bottom row. These will be the walls of the chicken coop. The angled cut pastries are the sides, the other is the back of the coop.
- Assemble the coop walls by using icing to glue the walls to a Pop Tart floor. Prop up the walls with the toaster pastries box until the frosting dries.
- Add icing around the top of the walls and place a Pop Tart on the top for the roof. Let dry.
- Move the assembled chicken coop to a board, tray or top of a cake and add the edible grass inside. You might need to cut it up to make it fit. Then place a chick chocolate candy inside.
- Finish the chicken coop by adding a ramp by propping up two rectangle shaped cut pastries.
- Decorate your dessert board with more chicken candy, edible grass, fruit, jellybeans, Peeps and whatever else you like. Serve and enjoy!