Last updated on November 8th, 2016 at 05:37 pm
It’s November and turkey time! That means it’s time to get a little cheesy with some fun food ideas for Thanksgiving.
Each year I do a cute vegetable tray idea, like this Turkey Veggie Tray or a Scarecrow Veggie Tray. This year, I wanted to make something bite-sized for kids to enjoy that is also healthy, so cheesy turkeys it is!
Not only are these cute treats a fun idea to serve at Thanksgiving, but they are also a perfect kids activity or a fun and easy afternoon snack. Just think of all of the creative birds your kids would come up with!
Scroll down for some fun ideas and more details on how I made these cute turkeys…
Gobble Gobble!!!!! Aren’t they cute?
Here is my little turkey holding her favorite treat! (Turkey hat from Target)
How to Make Easy Cheesy Turkey Snacks
What you’ll need:
- Babybel Cheese (body – use the red wax covering the cheese for decorations)
- Cheddar Cheese Slices (Beak)
- Sliced Almonds (feathers)
- Mustard Seeds (eyes)
- Cloves (eyes)
- Cream Cheese (optional for edible glue)
- Remove the wax covering from the cheese. If you want to make a shape on the face, leave some wax and use a knife to cut your design.
- Slice a portion off of the bottom of the cheese so your turkey will stand upright.
- Cut cheddar cheese into triangles for beaks and stick them to the Babybel cheese. They should stay without any edible glue such as cream cheese.
- Add some almonds for feathers and cloves or mustard seed for eyes.
Keep refrigerated until you serve them. The cheese will get hard if you leave it out too long. Make up to 2 hours ahead of time if you serve at Thanksgiving dinner.
These treats are super easy and perfect for kid’s lunches too!
I was inspired to make these treats from the adorable Babybel Cheese Fun Food Ideas from Tiffany at Cute Food for Kids. Check out her site for more ideas.
Which turkey is your favorite?
You might also love these Thanksgiving treats!
It’s always fun to make a Turkey Vegetable tray!