Nearly every American household comes together under one roof to watch the biggest event of the football season. I’m super excited to be working with The Coca-Cola Company to create fun ideas for a new program that you should start seeing in stores soon!
This year, Coca-Cola and Ritz have teamed up to give home-field advantage through their Home Bowl and you’re invited!
I hope you enjoy today’s post that is jammed packed with football party ideas, free party printables and fun food recipe ideas.
(UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed. Thanks to those who entered!)
Score big by using the Home Bowl products and party ideas, as inspiration for upcoming game day parties. It’s the perfect lineup to bring your family together for the most anticipated football game of the year!
What’s in it for you:
- Party planning made easy! Click here to create a custom Home Bowl Evite invitation and find more game day tips.
- A chance to win prize packs.
- Download the Free Party Printables below to get started on those game day table decorations!
I love throwing a great party and excited to share these adorable and super delicious Cherry Coke Chocolate Float Cupcakes that were baked inside of the actual Coca-Cola can! So stinking cute:-)
How to make Cherry Coke Chocolate Float Cupcakes
Baking these moist and delicious Cherry Coke Cupcakes directly in the can makes for an adorable party presentation and is way easier than you might think! The cans come out of the oven looking brand new. What a fun way to surprise your guests!
Make and decorate the cupcakes 1-2 days ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. The Coke makes the cake extra moist, so don’t worry about them drying out before it’s time to serve.
What you’ll need:
- Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/3 Vegetable Oil (or the amount called for in the mix)
- 3 Eggs
- Instant Chocolate Pudding (3.9 oz)
- 8 Pack of Small Coca Cola Cans (7.5 fl oz)
- 1 Small Jar Maraschino Cherries
- White Frosting (store bought or homemade)
- Hand Can Opener
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, oil, eggs and pudding in a bowl.
- Gradually add 2 cans of Coke to the bowl and mix.
- Pour out the soda from 4-6 Coke cans. Use a can opener to cut the tops off of the can. I tried my electric can opener, but it wouldn’t work because the cans were too small. Using a hand opener worked perfect! The lid drops off easily into the can.
- Spray the inside of the empty Coke cans with cooking spray.
- *Pour the cake batter into the empty cans a little over halfway full. (see alternative idea below if you want to skip this step.)
- Place Coke cans on a baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until you can put a toothpick into the cake and it comes out clean.
- After cupcakes cool, frost your cupcakes with the easy cherry frosting (see directions below).
- Finish off by adding sprinkles, a straw and a cherry on top. (cut your straw in half so you use less straws)
- Serve your cute cakes with a spoon.
*ALTERNATIVE IDEA: If you don’t want to bake the cake inside the can, pour the cake batter into a regular baking pan and bake as directions require. After cake cools, cut into 3 inch long rectangles and place inside the cans. You can gently squish the cake into the can with the back of a spoon if it hangs over the edge. Frost the cake as in the directions and the presentation will still look adorable!
Makes about 4-6 cupcakes. For more, double the cake batter recipe.
How to Make Easy Cherry Frosting
Dice 8-10 maraschino cherries and add to white frosting, then pour 2 tablespoons of the cherry juice from the jar into the frosting and mix. Easy and so tasty!
Add the frosting to a plastic bag, trim the corner with scissors and frost the cupcakes.
If you use can frosting, make sure to refrigerate the cupcakes immediately after decorating them so the frosting will stay put when it’s time to display on the party table.
I think these cupcakes made the party table!
Watch how EASY these cupcakes are to make on my Youtube Channel. Fun!
Take a look at all of the fun party ideas and download the Free Football Party Printables below. I love using red to decorate, plus it went perfect with the Coca Cola cans and bottles.
Fill popcorn containers with popcorn, hang a party banner, use paper lunch bags for chips, attach fun printables to straws, cupcakes, containers and more. These are just a few ideas you’ll see on my party table. I’ll be sharing more delicious party recipes next week!
Use the Coke bottle paper container for utensils. Wrap forks, spoons and knives in paper napkins and tie with a string.
I love using printables to label food and make a party table extra cute. I hope you enjoy these Free Football Party Printables!
Of course my favorite party flag says, “I’m Here for the Commercials”. ha!
Download the Free Football Party Printables:
©2015 LivingLocurto.com ~ For Commercial Use Only
** SORRY, THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW OVER **
Click here to get the savory appetizer recipes from this party table. They are so good!
This is a sponsored post written by me as part of a partnership with The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Prizes provided by The Coca-Cola Company. The Coca-Cola Company is not a sponsor, administrator or connected in any other way with this program.