I’m happy to have Divian Connor, Living Locurto’s food contributor, back with another quick and easy recipe idea! I think making wraps are perfect for a hot summer day lunch! Enjoy this quick and easy homemade guacamole recipe and wrap idea. Yum! ~Amy
With it being summer and having four children at home, sometimes lunch is quick, easy and simple.
I have a new-found love of avocado and each time I head to the grocery store, I am buying 4-5 at a time. I love the creaminess of them and they are just so refreshing!
This past week, we have had numerous wraps for lunch, as I am always stocked with flour tortillas. Seriously, you can make any sandwich combination and use a tortilla. I was hankering for a B.L.T, but my kids had used the last of the loaf of bread the day before on peanut butter sandwiches but hey, I had flour tortillas, avocados and lemons. I decided to give it a go and really, it is yummy! My kids loved it.
Quick and Easy Homemade Guacamole
For the easy chunky guacamole, I used 1 avocado, the juice from one lemon, 2 tablespoons of sour cream and a little salt and pepper to taste.
Using a spoon, mash and mix everything together. I like mine chunky, and really, the avocado is so creamy, the chunks melt in your mouth.
BLT & Guacamole Wrap
For the wrap, cook a few slices of bacon and cut into chunks or crumble. Slice fresh tomato and cut up a bit of lettuce. I love lettuce with color and texture, so I purchased a small package called Artisan Lettuce I got at the grocery.
Simply layer your guacamole on your flour tortilla, then add lettuce, tomato and bacon pieces. Wrap by taking one side of the wrap and tucking it under the ingredients and roll.
See, super easy but so simple and so good. My kids ate their entire wrap.
- 1 avocado
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 slices of bacon cut into crumbles
- 2 slices of tomato
- flour tortillas
- For the guacamole, use a spoon to mash and mix avocado, lemon juice, sour cream, salt and pepper together in a medium sized bowl.
- Cook a few slices of bacon and cut into chunks or crumble.
- Slice fresh tomato and cut up a bit of lettuce.
- Layer the guacamole on your flour tortilla, then add lettuce, tomato and bacon pieces.
- Wrap by taking one side of the wrap and tucking it under the ingredients and roll.
What’s your favorite quick and easy summer recipe?