If you didn’t know, my cat knocked over my Mother’s Day flowers and spilled an entire vase of water on my plugged in laptop. My family was trying to surprise me, but instead I woke up to water all over my computer. Yes, the cat is in the dog house!!! I got the bad news yesterday that the computer is dead. At least the hard drive didn’t get wet and I’m crossing my fingers all the info is salvageable.
Here is what I learned at the Apple Store…
• Water damage is NOT covered under Apple Care (we didn’t have that anyway, but still good info to know.)
• They can fix any damage to your computer for $1,200 (YIKES!)
• If you bring your damaged iPod in along with your totally dead laptop, they might feel sorry for you and just give you a new iPod. (Yes, that was the good news out of all of this. The guy didn’t want to give me anymore bad news and just replaced the iPod my son broke.)
• You can purchase a thing called a Sata Hard Drive Enclosure at any electronics store for about $10 to transfer your hard drive from one computer to another. (This is what I’ll be attempting to do today. Wish me luck!)
• Don’t take a three-year old who is getting sick and very cranky to the Apple Store with you when you know you’ll be getting bad news. You’ll just get extra frustrated and probably cry.
Today I’ll be backing up my desktop and cleaning up the files because it’s soooo slow. Then I’ll be attempting to move my hard drive info onto my desktop in between doctor visits for my sick girl. Happy Mother’s Day to me!
If you’re like me, yummy food makes you feel better, so I hope you enjoy this post by Cheryl at Tidymom.
Thanks Cheryl for guest posting today while I figure out my computer issues. This pizza looks wonderful!
How to make Grilled Pizza
With summer time right around the corner, I thought it would be the perfect time to share a family favorite from the grill! If you haven’t tried grilling pizza, you don’t know what you are missing!!
So here’s my quickie guide to doing grilled pizza. It’s not a step-by-step, hold-your-hand guide—because doing grilled pizza isn’t that difficult. LOL
Charcoal or gas will work. It’s just easier with gas because you can regulate the temperature. Coal is fine, too, but you have to be on top of things to keep your fire at the right temperature. Make sure your grates are clean of any “gunk”
We used flour tortillas, a friend had told me to use these and they worked GREAT! you get a nice crispy crust – but you could also make your own pizza dough if you’d like. I’m going to explain the way we made them with the tortilla shells on a gas grill.
- Brush both sides of your tortillas with olive oil.
- Get your toppings organized . Once you flip the dough, you need to top it quickly because you don’t have much wiggle room as far as cooking time goes. If you want any meats that need to be cooked, do so beforehand; on-grill time is too short to allow for cooking all the way through.
- We used precooked Tyson grilled chicken, browned hamburger and canadian bacon.
- PreHeat grill to medium.
1. Gather all of your toppings, tortillas, tongs, spoon (for sauce), brush, metal spatula and cookie sheets (to transfer after cooking) near your grill within easy reach. (I would suggest having someone there to assist you as well.)
2. Lay your oil brushed tortillas on the grill – leave the grill open, as it will only take 1 to 1-1/2 mins to grill the crust.
3. Just check on them and when you can see the grill marks, flip them over with your tongs.
4. Now, sauce and top your pizzas like the devil himself is chasing your butt! This is not the time to go heavy on toppings. You need them to heat through and the cheese to melt. Like I mentioned before it’s helpful to have an assistant. Once you’ve got your pizza topped, close the grill lid so heat can reflect down onto the top. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, checking after about two minutes for doneness.
We made these grilled pizza recipes:
Hawaiian – Pizza Sauce, Canadian bacon, pineapple, shredded cheddar & mozzarella cheese
Chicken – Garlic Alfredo Sauce, Tyson precooked grilled chicken, shredded cheddar & mozzarella cheese
Hamburger & Canadian Bacon – with pizza sauce and shredded cheddar & mozzarella cheese
Tomato & Basil- pizza sauce, fresh sliced tomatoes, fresh basil and fresh mozzarella