I don’t know about you, but I’m getting excited for school to start! Get ready for a lot of awesome back to school ideas in August here at Living Locurto.
To kick off the fun, Michaels contacted me about doing a First Day of School Blogger Challenge. I’m always up for a challenge and I hope you like what I came up with!
Help your kids make a good first impression with a cute teacher gift!
I wanted something my kids could make themselves this summer to have ready for the first day of school. This gift in a jar is simple and fun for any age!
- Mason Jars
- Craft Paint (I used washable paint with glitter from Michaels)
- “You’re a Star Teacher” Free Printable Tags (© 2013 LivingLocurto.com)
- Items to put in to your jars. (Pencils, flowers, etc.)
This is the fun part for the kids! Squeeze a big blob of paint into the jar, close it with the lid and shake to cover the entire inside with paint.
Remove the lids and wipe the top of the jar off with a paper towel. Let dry and decorate!
I love how this glitter paint makes the jars have a stained glass window look in the sun.
Want to skip the jars?
Add a “You’re a Star” free printable tag to pencil for a sweet and simple teacher gift.
Check out Michaels Back to School Look Book for more fun ideas.
- Michaels offers a 15 percent discount for teachers every day. Make sure to talk to a store associate during your next trip to learn more.
- Need a large quantity of one back to school item but don’t see enough on the shelves? Michaels offers a bulk ordering program where you can order as many supplies as you need and save up to 20 percent.
Disclosure: Michaels gave me a gift card to participate in their Back to School Challenge.