How to make a birthday cake for your cat. This simple 5 minute cake for cats is purr-fect for a special kitten’s birthday celebration!
If you enjoy throwing parties as much as I do, and you have a cat, then you are going to love this idea! Your pet will love it too because this birthday cake is made especially for felines. It has everything they love to eat and can be made in 5 minutes.
A Cat Birthday Cake is Purr-fect for A Pet Party
My cat Oliver turned one year old on May 4th and of course I had to make him his own birthday cake! With only a few minutes to spare that morning, I whipped up a cute kitty treat for him with items I already had on hand in my house.
I’ve had several cats over the years and I love spoiling them! For all the joy they bring us, why not make a simple birthday cake for your pet to celebrate their special day? With a few simple ingredients, you can make a birthday cake for your feline friend.
Why Make a Cat Birthday Cake?
I wanted to make a cat birthday cake for Oliver to celebrate his first birthday because he is so special to our family.
Oliver was our pandemic kitten and is very spoiled now since he is used to us being at home all the time. When he can’t find us he meows and looks for us. He’s been the best addition to our household and we love him so much! Of course, I had to make a cat birthday cake for Oliver!
How Do I Make a Birthday Cake for Cats?
Making a birthday cake for a cat couldn’t be easier! For my cat cake, I chose ingredients I knew Oliver would love. I used a can of his favorite cat food for the “cake”, molding it into shape with a champagne flute. Then I decorated the cake with dry cat food and his favorite cat treats.
Oliver loved his birthday cake! You can make this pet cake for your cat too, using your pet’s favorite ingredients.
What Can My Cat Eat?
Your pet can eat a lot of human food so if you want to make a birthday cake for your cat that is extra special, consider these ingredients:
- Fresh beef and poultry, cooked thoroughly.
- Fresh eggs, cooked thoroughly.
- Small amounts of cheese.
- Whole grains such as quinoa, cooked thoroughly.
- Veggies like cucumbers and fruits such as bananas and berries.
Always make sure any meats, eggs, fish, or whole grains are thoroughly cooked for your pet. Stay away from chocolate, onions, garlic, grapes, and raisins as these foods are not good for your cat.
Will My Cat Like My Birthday Cake?
Cats are notoriously picky but if you choose the right ingredients your cat will most likely appreciate the birthday cake.
Olivier loved his cake! He is so adorable and sweet. In fact, Oliver is so silly that I try to post a daily dose of him on Instagram.
He’s become quite popular on my social media! You’ll have to see it to believe it. –> Visit my Instagram Story here to watch one of my Oliver story highlights.
He brings us so much happiness, that he definitely deserved his own birthday treat!
Want More Ideas for Your Cat’s Birthday?
If you are looking for more ways to celebrate your cat’s birthday, check out these posts:
- 10 Amazing Ideas to Spoil Your Cat
- DIY Cat Litter Box Holder
- Cat Donuts with Free Printable Tags
- Dog & Cat Paper Cup Craft
Easy Cat Birthday Cake
- After you open the can of cat food, carefully turn it upside down over a plate so the whole can is still in it's can shape.
- With a large knife, carefully slice an inch off the top. Set that aside fully intact. (We'll use this later)
- Cut another section of about 2-3 inches high and place that onto a festive birthday dessert plate.
- Use a skinny glass like a champagne flute to make the cake topper. Turn the glass upside down and push into the middle of the top section of the cat food you sliced earlier. Remove the food around the outside of the glass and gently pull the glass off of the food. It should form a small circle of food you can place on the cake as your top layer.
- Decorate with dry cat food and treats as you like.