Easy Apple OREO Balls to kick off back to school season. Enjoy a fun food craft recipe with free printables for an adorable teacher gift or back-to-school party.
Cute Apple OREO Balls
This summer has been an exciting one and I’m sad to see it come to an end. We traveled to Hawaii and went on a road trip to visit my family in several different states.
How Do You Make OREO Balls?
These OREO treats are one of the easiest desserts you can make. First of all, they are no-bake. Second, you only need to crush up the cookies in a food processor. Add a few more ingredients and roll into balls. Super easy! Turning the cookie balls into apples is an added bonus!
What Do I Need to Make Apple Oreo Balls?
To make these back-to-school treats you only need five ingredients! You will also need parchment paper and a pair of clean scissors.
Can Kids Make These Treats?
These OREO balls are easy for kids to make too. Once you bite into these apples, you won’t be able to stop eating them all up!
Buffalo Plaid Serving Pails
I found these cute mini pails at Oriental Trading and thought they made the cutest holder for displaying these desserts on a party table or to use for gift buckets.
More Great Back to School Ideas:
- Free Printable School Lunch Box Planner
- 20 Hot School Lunch Ideas for Kids
- 50 BEST Back to School Free Printables
- Days of the Week Closet Tags
- No Bake Chocolate Protein Bars
- 20 Unique French Toast Recipes to start the day off right!
Apple OREO Balls
- Parchment paper
- 1 pkg Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 pkg Red Candy Melts
- Pretzel Sticks
- Spearmint Leaves candy
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place OREO cookies in a food processor and crush until they are ground up.
- Add cream cheese into processor with crushed cookies and mix well.
- Select enough pieces of the leaf candy for your apples and set aside. Then break the tip off of a dozen pretzel sticks, making them shorter apple stems. Set aside.
- Roll cookie mixture into 1" balls, mold into an apple shape and add a pretzel stick to the top.
- Place the Oreo balls on the lined baking sheet and freeze for 10-20 minutes.
- Melt the red candy pieces in a small glass bowl by heating in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring until fully melted.
- Remove cookie balls from freezer. Gently dip the OREO ball into the melted candy coating, using the pretzel as a handle. Use a knife or spoon scoop some melted candy over the top of the cookie ball being careful not to cover the pretzel.
- Gently tap the apple against the glass bowl so the candy smooths out. Place on parchment paper and add a gummy leaf to your apple.
- Continue until all OREO balls are covered. Store apple treats in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
Originally published on August 8, 2019 – Updated 2021