Not only are these Lemon Crinkle Cookies the best lemon cookies ever, but perfect to get you in the mood for spring!
I love lemon! The bright yellow color, the fresh scent, and the tart taste. Yep, I pretty much love lemon any way you can use it.
A squeeze or two of lemon can liven up many dishes and wake up your taste buds! If you already love lemon like me then you are going to want to try this recipe.
Since starting to use pure organic essential oils, the lemon oil has been one of our favorites here at Living Locurto. Not only can you use lemon oil in place of lemon extract, but it’s also very healthy. Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons. It’s great to add to water and now a favorite for me is mixing several drops with frosting!
Honestly, this lemon frosting is what makes these Lemon Cookies so amazing! You can always use lemon extract in this recipe, but if you use pure high-grade essential oils, we recommend you try it!
Lemon Vitality oil has a bright taste you’ll want to keep on hand for almost anything you whip up. Instead of zesting or juicing, use Lemon Vitality for a convenient way to use this great flavor. Start small with a single drop of oil.
Lemon consists of 68 percent dlimonene, a powerful antioxidant. It is delightfully refreshing, especially in cookies! We hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe.
NOTE: If you are using essential oils in recipes, please make sure it’s high-grade pure organic oils that are approved for digesting such as the brand shown in the photo above. Otherwise, use lemon extract.
- --- COOKIES ---
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 large lemon
- ½ tsp lemon extract or 6-8 drops lemon essential oil
- ¼ cup crushed lemon drops
- 1 cup powered sugar
- parchment paper
- --- FROSTING ---
- 1 8oz cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1½ cup powered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 large lemon
- ¼ tsp lemon extract or 3 drops lemon essential oil
- Yellow sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, oil, eggs, lemon juice from the lemon, extract or oil, and crushed lemon drops on medium speed until everything is all smooth and incorporated.
- With the dough, make balls a little smaller then a golf ball and roll them in powered sugar. Place each dough ball on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. You want the cookies to just start to turn golden but not brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- Whip the cream cheese until smooth, then add the powered sugar and mix it all together.
- Add the vanilla, lemon juice from one lemon and extract or essential oil.
- Give it a taste and if you want it sweeter add more powdered sugar, if you want it a little more tart add more lemon juice.
- Wait for the cookies to completely cool then pipe on the icing.
- The easiest way to pipe it on is to put the icing in a Ziploc bag and snip a corner. Swirl it on top of each cookie.
- Add yellow sprinkles or sprinkle a little of the crushed lemon drops on top!
Join the Fun!
Don’t miss the special deal this month if you order an Essential Oils Premium Starter Pack. Get 11 oils, a diffuser, samples and more! Click here for more details.
You might also like this LEMON CRACK! YUM!!
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.