Last updated on January 9th, 2016 at 11:57 am
Let me introduce you to my new favorite no bake dessert recipe, Lemon Meringue Pie Chex Party Mix. I also like to call it Lemon Crack, because once you try it… you won’t want to stop eating it!
It’s been several months since I got my new essential oils kit, and I’m a little obsessed with the lemon oil! If you missed our amazing Lemon Crinkle Cookies, you’ll want to visit that post after reading this recipe.
Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons with no acid taste. Great for sensitive tummies. I’ve been mixing a few drops with room temperature water first thing in the morning to curve my hunger cravings. It’s working too! I am usually starving by lunch time, and now I have to remind myself to eat.
I’m glad that the lemon oil is curving my cravings, because I could literally eat an entire bag of this Lemon Chex Mix in one sitting! It’s CRACK I tell ya!!!
We call it Lemon Meringue Pie because that’s what it tastes like! This recipe is perfect for parties or gift giving, and super easy to make. Enjoy!!
Lemon Meringue Pie Chex Party Mix Recipe
- 9 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 1/4 Cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large lemon
- 6 drops lemon essential oil or as an alternative use 1/2 tsp lemon extract (I use these pure essential oils)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal (you can also use broken up graham crackers)
- extra large clear plastic zipper bag
1. Melt the white chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe glass bowl. Heat in 15-30 second increments and stir in between until the chips are melted.
2. Slice and squeeze the juice from a lemon into the bowl of melted candy, now add the lemon essential oil (or extract).
3. Add the Rice Chex cereal to a bowl, pour the melted candy mixture over the Chex cereal and gently stir until all of the cereal is coated.
4. Add the powered sugar to an extra large zipper bag, then pour the coated cereal on top. Now shake the bag until all the cereal is coated with a nice layer of sugar.
5. Pour the yummy mixture on a large baking sheet and let it cool. Once cooled, pour in a large bowl and gently stir in the Golden Grahams.
Now get to snacking!
Join the Fun!
Don’t miss the special deal this month if you order an Essential Oils Premium Starter Pack. Click here for more details.