I’m finally getting used to TALKING to the camera, but please be patient with me on my first tutorials, as I am NOT the best at making high quality videos. You will get the idea even if the screen shakes and things look blurry at times. I hope to learn more as I go along!
Today, I will show you how to make a cute and easy paper purse craft, perfect for party favors, gift card bags or a kids craft activity. Try not to laugh too hard at my southern twang. Ha! Hope ya’ll enjoy it!
How to make an Easy Paper Purse Craft
You will need:
- 12 x 12 Scrapbook Paper (I used the rainbow chevron pattern paper and floral paper from my Rainbow Collection in the video. So cute!!)
- Toothpick (or Scoring Tool)
- Small Hole Punch
- 3″ Strip of Ribbon or Pipe Cleaners
- Embellishments, Glue Dots or Stickers (I used Paper Flowers from Pebbles.)
- Trim your paper into three 4″ wide strips.
- Flip the paper upside down to mark and score the paper starting from the right side. I used a toothpick to score the paper.
- Measurements are 1″, 3″, 2″ (this will be the bottom), 3″ and the rest will be the purse flap.
- Fold the paper and punch 2 holes into the top of the purse for the strap.
- Add ribbon into the holes for the strap. Tie a knot in the ribbon under the flap and trim off any extra.
- Trim your purse flap into a shape and add an embellishment, sticker or glue dot to hold the flap in place.
- Use a glue dot to hold a bag of goodies into the purse for party favors.
Have fun crafting!