In honor of Random Acts of Kindness, Michaels is randomly giving away $100,000 worth of gift cards in their stores on February 17, 2013!
They hope to inspire others to “craft it forward”. I had a blast making my washi tape wall art and giving them away.
How to Make Washi Tape Wall Art
This is such an easy and pretty craft! I am always in need of something to fill a space on a wall in my home. Knowing this was a craft I was to giveaway, I chose wall art. After deciding on a few friends who I knew would like to be surprised with some DIY art, I headed to Michaels to let my creativity flow! I wanted to do something with canvas and really happy with the way it turned out!
What you will need:
- Canvas (These were on sale at Michaels when I was shopping. Score!)
- Acrylic Paint – I chose Martha Stewart’s Metallic Paint in shades of gold and silver.
- Wooden Letters
- Washi Tape – I used several patterns from Michaels and a few from Pebbles
- Paint Brush
- Hot Glue
- Mod Podge
Before I started crafting, I painting swatches on a test canvas to make sure the paint looked good with my tape patterns.
After painting your canvas, let it dry and move onto the wooden letters. I didn’t paint the letters, but just started adding tape. It was really easy. The hardest part was deciding what patterns to use!
Mod Podge will seal the tape and make sure it doesn’t peel off. I used Super Gloss Mod Podge because I liked the shine it gave the tape.
After the canvas is dry, hot glue the wooden letters to the canvas. You can frame the canvas or add tape around the sides. Then you’re all done!
I hot glued a cute party favor bag to the back of the canvas along with a note and gift card to Micheals, then delivered these to my friends encouraging them to Craft it Forward!
My friends loved their new art! It was a fun day of crafty kindness:-)
Random Act of Kindness Giveaway
I want to give one lucky reader a $50 Michaels Gift card to make a “Craft it Forward” project too! Along with the $50 gift card, the winner will also get two $5 gift cards to pass along with their crafts.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED. Congrats to Crystal for winning.
How to enter:
Leave a comment below letting me know what craft you would make for a Random Act of Kindness.
For an extra entries:
(You must leave an additional comment for each of the following you did below.)
- Follow Amy on Pinterest & pin this–> (Leave a comment with your Pinterest profile URL. Entries will be double checked)
- Tweet about this giveaway:
- I will pin each of the wall art photos below to THIS PINTEREST BOARD. Visit that board and leave a comment on your favorite design! (You don’t have to add a comment to this post as long as you comment on Pinterest. Repin if you like it too.)
Giveaway ends on Thursday February, 21, 2013 at midnight CST. Winner will be emailed and announced here and on the Living Locurto Facebook Page. Must be a US Citizen and 18 years or older.