I made some delicious Valentine’s Day Mini Pies this weekend. After finding a cute heart pocket pie press, I have been making all kinds of pies!
Not only do I love pie, but anything mini. Fruit pies are great, but I wanted to make a no mess pie that I could wrap for Valentine’s Day gifts. Chocolate chip cookie dough was the perfect, mess free ingredient to fill my pies. I also added an Oreo cookie for a yummy surprise! They turned out great and sturdy enough to pick up and eat like a cookie.
Packaged in kraft carryout boxes, along with a “You’re as Sweet as Pie” Happy Valentine’s Day tag, these treats are sure to be a hit this holiday.
What you’ll need to make these pies:
- Pie Crust (from scratch or packaged)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (from scratch or packaged)
- Oreo Cookies (optional)
- Wax Paper
- 1 Egg
- Large Heart Cookie Cutter or Mini Heart Pie Press
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut two hearts out of rolled out pie crust.
- Fill the inside of the crust with half of an Oreo and bits of chocolate chip cookie dough.
- If you don’t have a pie press, just use a fork to press the edges of the two hearts together. I found a cute heart pocket pie press by Nordic Ware. Wilton also makes a pie pocket press that you can purchase online.
- Place pies on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Prick with a fork.
- Brush a bit of egg over the top.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
One package of pie crust makes up to 6 mini heart pies.
Free Printable “You’re as Sweet as Pie” Tags
I designed a Free Printable tag that can be used as a bag topper or a tag on a box.
Pebbles just came out with the cutest washi tape, so I used it on my box and also for a toothpick flag.
Whether you are giving these pies as gifts or serving for a party, they are sure to be a crowd favorite!
Open and print with the Free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
[pullquote]What is your favorite flavor of pie? [/pullquote]
I also had to make some apple heart pies for my husband. They were mighty tasty!