I know you’ve probably been stressing out over what to give your kid’s teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week.
I mean…you HAVE been thinking about it, right?
Because if you haven’t, you totally should.
But just in case…I took the liberty of coming up with a super cute idea for you.
(Amy might have helped a little too.)
How about Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes?
You really didn’t think I was going to send you to school with ordinary cupcakes did you?
I mean, come on… we want this to be the cupcake that your child’s teacher measures all future Teacher Appreciation cupcakes by. We want the ladies in the office ooh and ahh-ing!
We care about stuff like that. Don’t act like we don’t.
The good part is that these are incredibly easy to make and Amy has designed cute free printable tags! So maybe you can make a few extra cupcakes to keep at home, hmmm?
- Cake Mix & Ingredients
- Frosting (see recipe below)
- Chocolate Candy Melts
- Red Gumballs for Cherry
- Small Ice Cream Cups – Paper or Styrofoam
- Plastic or wooden spoon
- Free Printable Tags & Labels
- Clear Cellophane (optional)
- Start off with an ordinary cupcake. Boxed mix, homemade, whatever floats your boat. Just make sure it’s yummy (you’ll probably have to eat one or two for quality control). I found an adorable set of ice cream cups and spoons. The price is reasonable and they come in the cutest ice cream truck box.
- Place one cupcake in each cup.
- Make the frosting.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- a few drops of ivory gel food color
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix butter, vanilla and milk until well blended and smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and mix on low until just combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for a minute or two, until fully combined and fluffy. Place frosting in the refrigerator for an hour to chill.
- Remove the frosting from the refrigerator and spoon it on top of cupcakes. It looks just like ice cream!
- Now melt some chocolate candy melts or almond bark according to package directions. I really recommend that you DON’T use normal chocolate, because it will not set up hard. You want your chocolate to harden–much easier and neater when transporting the cupcakes.
Attach Amy’s FREE Printable Flags to the spoons and insert in the “ice cream” BEFORE the chocolate sets.
Add a red gumball “cherry” and some sprinkles.
Attach the Printable label to the front of the cup. I used foam adhesive normally used for scrapbooking because I liked the three-dimensional look.
Once the chocolate is fully set, you can wrap these in cellophane and tie with a ribbon for easy transport. I attached another cute tag to the outside so she could easily read it.
The other moms are going to be so jealous when they see what you made this year. Not that we care about stuff like that.
Thank you teachers everywhere for all that you do. Have a fabulous week!!
Free Printable Teacher Tags
** For Personal Use Only • NOT for Commercial Use • © 2011-2016 LivingLocurto.com
Watch the video!
You might also enjoy: