How to make a DIY Christmas Centerpiece in 20-minutes with flowers and buffalo check buckets! Easy Dollar Tree home decor craft for a dining table or holiday mantel decor.
This holiday season, add some extra cheer to your home with a beautiful DIY Flower Christmas Table Centerpiece. You won’t believe how easy and inexpensive this beauty was to make! I’ll walk you through each step and even how to make a bow that will give your centerpiece that extra flair!
How to Make a DIY Christmas Centerpiece
I’m so excited about today’s DIY holiday centerpiece. When I saw these red and black buffalo check buckets at Hobby Lobby and The Dollar Tree, I knew I needed to do something fun with them for Christmas.
Now is a great time to crank up the Christmas music and start your home decor crafts. I’m thrilled to share more creative DIY Christmas decorations with bows from a few of my good friends. Be sure to scroll down to check out their amazing home decor ideas too.
I hope this easy DIY Christmas Centerpiece inspires you to spend 15-20 minutes crafting something gorgeous. It’s so much fun!
How to Make a Christmas Centerpiece at Home
You can make a beautiful holiday flower centerpiece by stacking buckets and layering fresh or faux greenery and red roses between each one.
Forget those boring old vases, I’ll take a buffalo plaid bucket for my flowers any day! Best of all, these cute metal buckets are cheap and can be used again for holding other things.
Flower Centerpiece Perfect for Christmas Mantel Decor
While I was decorating my Christmas mantel with this pretty new floral arrangement, our kitten, Oliver, came over to try to grab the stockings. I think he sat still for about 1 second and I snapped the shot just at the right moment!
Buffalo Check Christmas Centerpiece Supplies
Let’s jump right in! Here’s what you’ll need to make this amazing holiday decor. Be sure to watch my video where I make this with you! Please subscribe to my –> Living Locurto Youtube Channel for more ideas!
- Three metal buckets, all different sizes.
- Fake or Real Greenery
- Red Roses
- Red Berry Twigs
- Ribbon to Make a Bow
Here are some great finds on Amazon
You might also love these other Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Plaid Christmas Table Decorations
- 17 Best Christmas Table Decorations
- 5 Snowman Plates Christmas Table Decorations
- DIY Mini Christmas Tree Centerpiece
- How to Make a Mercury Glass Coke Bottle Centerpiece
- Mini Pumpkin Succulent Centerpiece
How to make a Christmas Centerpiece
- 3 metal buckets All different sizes
- 2 Mason jars
- Fake or real greenery
- 12 Red roses
- 4 Red berry branches
- 5 Pieces of ribbon to Make a Bow
- Trim any fake greenery with wire cutters to fit your buckets. Arrange roses and greenery in the smallest bucket, add water and set aside.
- Add a handful of small rocks inside of Mason jars that are the same height as your two largest buckets.This acts as weights so the centerpiece so it won’t fall over.
- Place a mason jar in the largest bucket, then place the next largest bucket on top of that jar.
- Place another mason jar in the middle bucket, then top with your small bucket flower arrangement.
- Begin adding greenery and berries around the centerpiece in the lower buckets.
- Place a ribbon bow in the bottom bucket.
- Fill with more roses and add water to your buckets with the roses.
- Place on a table, mantel or give as a gift.
Easy Christmas Decorations with Bows
Remember how I said the bow in my centerpiece made it “extra”. I think this year, we all deserve a little something extra don’t you think? That’s why I’m super excited to share more incredible ideas for decorating your home this holiday with bows.
Click on a link below to go see these fun and easy Christmas bow home decor crafts!
- Christmas Stocking with Bow – KariAnne from –> Thistlewood Farms will show you how to make a pretty bow and how she hangs it on her Christmas mantel with stockings.
- Bow Wreath – Leslie from –> My 100 Year Old Home will show you how to make a beautiful Christmas wreath from ribbons that look like flowers.
- Bow Tree Topper – Melanie from –> Southern Crush at Home will show you an amazing way to make and style a bow on your Christmas tree!
- Easy Burlap Bow – Laurie from –> Tip Junkie is sharing a super simple tutorial for how to make a burlap bow.