This black eyed peas recipe is packed with flavor and easy to make! Served with rice, it’s a perfect meal for New Year’s Day or busy weeknights when you want something tasty and quick.
Easy Black Eyed Peas Recipe
Looking for a delicious and easy way to enjoy black eyed peas? Look no further than this spicy black eyed peas recipe!
This dish is perfect for those who want a hearty and flavorful meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. Plus, it’s perfect for any time of year! Give it a try today. You won’t be disappointed.
I don’t know about you, but I always feel so lucky on New Year’s Day when I get to enjoy a delicious bowl of black eyed peas. This tradition is said to bring good luck for the year ahead.
Black eyed peas are hearty, nutritious, and can be spiced up in so many ways. This recipe is one of my favorites – it’s simple to make and really packs a flavor punch.
Add a little spice to your black eyed peas with this easy recipe made quick with spicy canned black eyed peas. Served with rice, it’s the perfect dinner when you want something tasty fast.
Give it a try next time you’re looking for something new.
What Main Dish Goes with Black Eyed Peas and Rice?
If you need more food or a main dish to go with your black eyed peas and rice, here are a few suggestions for what goes with this recipe.
Ham – Even though this recipe contains ham, you can always serve a whole ham for those who might not like black eyed peas.
Pulled Pork – Pulled pork would be tasty with this meal. Get my easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe here.
Pork Roast – Pork roast is lean and would a perfect addition to this meal. Find my 3 Ingredient Crockpot Pork Roast recipe here.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts – Get my favorite Air Fryer or Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe here.
Green beans – I love to sauté fresh green beans with a dash of balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
Biscuits – A southern dinner is not complete without crumbly, buttery biscuits.
Easy Black Eyed Peas That Taste Amazing!
This easy black eyed peas recipe is perfect for a potluck or family gathering, and it’s sure to be a hit with everyone. So what are you waiting for? Get started on this tasty recipe today!
Black Eyed Peas Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup diced onions
- 1 /3 cup diced celery
- ⅓ cup diced cooked ham
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 15.5 oz cans Jalapeño Black-Eye Peas drained
- ½ cup chicken broth
- salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- Sauté onions, celery, diced ham, brown sugar and cayenne pepper in pan for about 1-2 min.1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/3 cup diced onions, 1 /3 cup diced celery, 1/3 cup diced cooked ham, 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add black-eyed peas and chicken broth.2 15.5 oz cans Jalapeño Black-Eye Peas, 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt and cracked pepper to taste.salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Serve over rice.2 cups white rice