Enjoy these 10 easy recipes for Brussels sprouts and my favorite roasted Brussels sprouts vegetable medley recipe!
10 Easy Ways to Cook Brussels Sprouts
You’ll love these 10 Quick recipes for cooking Brussels Sprouts and my easy Roasted Vegetable Medley recipe.
Last week I bought Brussels sprouts for the first time! I love ordering roasted Brussels sprouts at restaurants, but have never attempted to cook them at home.
After reading all of your great recipe suggestions, I’ve made several since writing this post and now addicted to Brussels sprouts!
How good are Brussels sprouts for you?
Brussels sprouts are actually a very nutritious! They are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Plus, they have zero saturated fat. Definitely worth adding some of these delicious sprouts to your dinner plans.
How do you know when Brussels sprouts are done?
The center should be soft enough to easily cut into when they are done. Slice your Brussels sprouts in half to cook evenly. The leaves will cook faster and can become crunchy. That’s my favorite part!
How Do you Serve With Brussels sprouts?
Once you’ve cooked them, you’ll need a great main dish recipe to go along with your dinner. Here are a few of my favorite dinner recipes that would be wonderful with Brussels Sprouts.
- How to Cook the Best Filet Mignon
- Easy Baked Shrimp
- Honey Lime Baked Chicken
- One Pot Enchilada Mac and Cheese
How Do you Cook Brussels sprouts?
There are so many great ways to enjoy them. You’ll love these 10 quick and simple recipe ideas for Brussels sprouts listed below.
A BIG thanks to everyone for coming to my rescue with your great recipe suggestions!
10 Easy Recipes for Brussels sprouts
1. Halve sprouts. Sauté in butter, feel free to add a little minced shallot and diced bacon. Deglaze with white wine. Salt and pepper. Drink said wine. Love Brussels sprouts! – Kimberley
2. I shred them, then melt butter in a pan & brown pecans. Then add Brussels, salt & pepper. Cook until tender then toss with cranberry raisins. I used to HATE Brussels sprouts until I tasted this! – Jamie
3. I love roasting them in the oven in my cast iron skillet with bacon and walnuts. – Ann
4. I roast mine in the oven with sea salt, cracked black pepper, olive oil and a good balsamic. My kids love them! – Brooke
5. I cut them in half, drizzle with olive oil and roast them with pancetta or bacon and thinly sliced lemons, salt and pepper until caramelized. – The Epicurean Crafter
6. Chicken sausage sliced up, sauté on the stove with Brussels cut in half. Toss in olive oil, sea salt, pepper and a little soy sauce! – Crystal B.
7. We love them on skewers with bacon. Yum! – Everything Mom
8. Wok charred lemon scented. It is a P.F. Chang’s recipe. Sliver them, zest a lemon, cook them on really high heat with some oil. Toss with lemon zest while cooking and squeeze in a bit of the lemon juice. Let some spots blacken. They are yummy! – Christina
9. Braised in a white wine Dijon mustard sauce. YUM. When I’m not feeling that fancy, oven roasted like many others suggested. -Christina P.
10. Cut in half and cooked in a little olive oil in a heavy skillet with fresh garlic, topped with sage. The longer you leave them without turning them so they can get dark…the better.
Easiest is just roasting them in the oven like many people have said. I toss the sprouts in a Ziploc bag with the olive oil and salt & pepper. Easier to coat them vs drizzling the oil on top. – Debbie W.
Other ingredients I was suggested to mix with Brussels sprouts…
- parmesan cheese
- brown sugar
- dried cranberries
- pomegranate seeds and hazel nuts
- orange zest
- apple cider vinegar
How do you cook Brussels Sprouts?
Here is the Roasted Brussels Sprouts Vegetable Medley recipe that I ended up making.
They turned out delicious and I can’t wait to make them again. Maybe next time someone else my family will eat them! ha!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Vegetable Medley
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 cup Cauliflower
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut of the ends and slice the spouts in half. Slice broccoli and cauliflower into pieces.
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle cracked pepper, sea salt and minced garlic.
- Mix the vegetables in the pan so they are coated in the oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown. Turn a few times so they are evenly roasted. I also mixed in some broccoli and broccoli.
See more recipe ideas on my Instagram post…