Last updated on June 23rd, 2015 at 05:04 am
It’s officially summer and bathing suit season. Stay fit with these Healthy Fruit Smoothie Popsicles that are not only good for you, but super tasty too!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
I’m so happy that Pamela Smerker Designs came up with this awesome recipe for us just in time for summer! I love that one of the ingredients includes grapefruit essential oil which is rich in d-limonene.
Limonene (d-limonene) is a powerful antioxidant that is contained in the peels of citrus fruits such as grapefruit, orange and lemon. Lemons and limes loosen toxins in your digestive tract and aid in digestion. Grapefruits are high in enzymes that burn fat.
When you add grapefruit essential oil to these blended frozen fruit pops, you could be helping to detox your body and enjoy a yummy treat. It’s a win win!
Grab one of these frozen pops for a quick healthy snack or to cool you down on those hot summer days.
How to make Healthy Fruit Smoothie Popsicles
- 2 cups of mixed frozen strawberries and bananas
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt OR greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup of orange OR grapefruit juice
- 3 drops of grapefruit essential oil (therapeutic grade such as these here)
- Puree first four ingredients in a blender until smooth, pour mixture into a glass measuring bowl with a spout for easy pouring.
- Add essential oil to smoothie mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into popsicle containers. Check out these fun popsicle molds!
- Add a popsicle stick or paper straw and freeze for 6-12 hours.
- Once frozen, remove from containers and enjoy!
If you want to make these for children please omit grapefruit essential oil.
Keep grapefruit oil out of reach of small children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Want to try Essential Oils? Choose your own home diffuser with an ALL NEW premium starter kit. Plus, great freebies from me! See more details here.
Pamela Smerker is a Colorado wife, mom and blogger with a passion for baking, crafting, photography and entertaining. She is a Jill of all trades kind of girl! Find her work at Pamela Smerker Designs.
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.