I recently had this article published on Blissfully Domestic’s Creative Bliss Channel. I thought I would post it here if you missed it.
iHanna’s art journals are so inspiring, I just couldn’t wait to share them!
Hanna takes old books and paints over the pages, then glues on anything that inspires her. The key is to layer the cut out images to create a one of a kind collage.
These would make a wonderful gift or a keepsake for yourself.
Ideas for Art Journals:
• Travel – Photos and items collected from vacations like tickets, brochures and postcards.
• Interior Design – Cut out magazine photos and do an inspiration page for each room in your house.
• Goals – Find things that symbolize goals you have as a reminder of what you’d like to achieve.
• Colors – Pick a color for each page and find things of that color that inspire you.
• Kid Expressions – Your kids could make one of things they like.
The ideas are endless. What an easy way to create an original work of art even if you aren’t an artist!
Visit iHanna’s blog for a detailed tutorial.
If you’re looking for vintage images, Go Make Something has a whole slew full of of freebie collage sheets!
Check out the Postcard sheets too. I love the flowers and pigs!