Tron Birthday Party {Free Printables}

Tron Birthday Cupcakes by Living Locurto

After we saw Tron Legacy in 3D, my son was very much into having Tron as his birthday theme. No matter how much you try to put an idea in your kid’s head, it gets to a point where you have no control over what theme they choose for their birthday. But, you can still make it look good!

I thought party stores would have Tron supplies, but to my surprise no. So here is what we did!

The dessert table was all blue and black with glowing yellows. My friend Christy made futuristic neon cupcakes with Tron disks. Then, I used glow sticks to make everything even more neon!

Tron Party Printables Living Locurto

I found some wonderful Tron party printables at Then made my own cupcake toppers. (scroll down to download)

Neon Fun

Glow stick bracelets under glass dishes made for perfect cupcake stands! I really love how these turned out.

Tron Glowing Cupcakes Living Locurto

But the best part was the neon blue cake! All the kids had bright blue tongues. It was pretty funny!

Tron Neon Blue Cupcake Living Locurto

Party Activity

To be very Tron like, we did laser tag!

Watching them run around in the laser tag place really was like being on the grid!

Plus, after seeing the Super Bowl half-time show my son felt pretty cool for having a Tron party. If you didn’t know, that show was Tron inspired with the lights and weird people in white outfits:-)

Free Tron Printables

I found some great printable invitations over at I know!?!?! Can you believe I didn’t design my own? But really, these were too cool not to use!

These figures were a part of a printable play set, but I cut them out and taped them to silver twist ties for cupcake toppers instead.

I did make my own cupcake toppers and thank you tags for goodie bags.

Download the party printables:

You might also like:

[ad#Google Ad- 200 image]

Buy Everyday Oils YL
About Amy Locurto

Amy is a creative mom of two and graphic designer. When she's not working on Living Locurto, she's busy designing Printable Party Supplies and working on I Heart Faces, her photography blog. Find Amy on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram.

1. Anonymous says:

Thank you for posting this. It's been years since the movie came out and my now 4 year old wants a "Sam Flynn" party. It's so hard to find anything TRON in stores. You made this party easier to plan.

2. Hello! Thanks for sharing these great ideas I’m head over heels for them! The most intriguing though is the ” BLUE NEON CAKE” can you with us the recipe?

• Amanda Collins says:

@Honey B, I made a few different batches of cupcakes and a large cake. Just used electric blue food coloring gel and white cake mix and vanilla frosting. Turned out amazing! Everyone LOVED it. Also, used black tube icing and wrote out TRON on top of the cake with “racetrack” lines.

3. Thank you for sharing your ideas. We decided to do a Tron party after seeing the movie last year. Never dreamt there wouldn’t be party supplies available and have spent almost a year searching. Now I am excited to do it myself. Found some glow in the dark balloons I think will add a nice effect. Grateful for your help.

4. jamie edwards says:

Hello, i am doing a Tron party formyson who is turning 8 at the end of this month and i love the neon blue cake idea. can you tell me how to do that? it looks really awesome. Thank you!

5. I loved this idea and adapted it for my son’s 15th birthday. He thought the neon bracelets around the cake plate was pretty cool. Thank you for posting it!

6. Laura Reed says:

how do you make the Tron Cupcakes?

7. Kaleb's Mommy says:

I was wondering how did you made the tron disk on top of teh cupcakes? I’m planning My sons 2nd bday!!! and I love the cupcakes your friend made… so I’m lookig forward to attempting it

8. Shannon Wolfe says:

Hi! I am doing this Tron party this Friday and I was wondering if you could please help me out with a tutorial on the cupcakes! How did you make them neon blue and what is the disc on top made out of?! Thank you so much for making this party easy for me! I was so worried when my 5 year old said he wanted a Tron party and I couldnt find anything in stores!!

9. How did your friend make the tron disc? I would like to do the same. Could you help?

10. RT @livinglocurto: Tron Birthday Party {Free Printables}

11. LOVE THIS! RT @livinglocurto: Tron Birthday Party {Free Printables}

12. Hi how did you make the cake neon blue? and the cupcakes I can’t find the tutorial

13. What did you use for the Discs on the cupcakes? Is it fondant?

14. Oh my gosh, I just LOVE this! Thank you so much for all the info and printables!

Playing It Cooley

15. Vanessa says:

So I am copying your Tron party! My son wanted a Tron Birthday since the movie came out. The stuff you can buy is SO expensive. Thank you so much for these great ideas. We won’t be at a laser tag place (awesome idea though) so the blacklight thing won’t happen but I will send pics of the final product :)

16. I have to ask…What is the ring on the cupcakes??

17. Alesha White says:

Thanks so much! These are awesome. We decided that we were going to have our son’s 8th birthday party at the Imax with a showing of Tron. I’ve already made the invites but was looking for goodie bag and cake ideas. I’ll definitely be using some of your ideas. Thanks again.

18. That is so cool!

(found you through Tip Junkie… now a follower)

19. Wow! I don’t have kids but I want to throw myself this birthday party! I LOVED Tron! What a great Mom you are!

20. I LOVED Tron, both the old and the new one! What a fun birthday theme. I love how you used the glow sticks to make the party theme. So clever!

I’d love it if you would like this project on our new Party themed blog link party here:

21. Awesome party!! I’d love for you to submit this to the M&T Spotlight at

22. Wow! Boy parties are super hard to make stylish I think. You nailed it!!

23. Was wondering how you made the tron disks for the top of the cupcakes? I would love to make these for my husbands birthday 😉 Great Job!!!

24. Love this fun "Tron" party by our friend Amy at Living Locurto! I bet Kate wishes it was posted a couple months…

25. Thank you!!!! So happy to see this. My son is soooo into Tron right now! He wants a nerf war party at home but I think we’ll mesh the two ideas:) Love the glow sticks!

26. Gracias! Es lo que estaba buscando para el cumpleaños de mi hijo!!!

27. SOOOO cute! New to your blog feed. So happy to have joined!- anxious to see what’s next!

28. I LOVE this party! I think my favorite thing is the glow stick under the dish used for a cupcake stand…LOVE IT! And then the blue cupcakes. Who could resist a blue stained mouth..reminds me of bubblegum snowballs here in the south. Great job as usual!!

29. THANK YOU!!!!

30. Dude. I LOVED Tron. We watched the first one as a family before we went to see the new one. We all loved it.

31. I may be a girl, but I’m a huge Tron fan. While I didn’t love the latest movie, it was visually stunning. I would totally be digging on this for my own birthday, if I were in the 12 and under set!

32. RT @livinglocurto: My son's Tron Birthday Party with Free Printables:-)

33. I’m 34 and a huge fan of TRON. I would love a party like this. Well done!!

34. There were probably little blue mouths 2 b seen? @livinglocurto RT My son's Tron Birthday Party with Free Printables:-)

35. Ty Amy, these are awesome! RT @livinglocurto: My son's Tron Birthday Party with Free Printables:-)

36. Another rockin' boy theme! Woo-hoo! RT @livinglocurto My son loved his Tron birthday party! Get free printables

37. Tron Birthday Party {Free Printables}

38. RT @livinglocurto: My son loved his Tron Birthday Party! See how I made Tron cool and get the Free Printables. #party

39. RT @livinglocurto: My son loved his Tron Birthday Party! See how I made Tron cool and get the Free Printables. #pa …

40. Just when I think you have done all the best…you do something like this…so so cool.
    You are one talented lady.
    Looks like a blast.

41. I always love a rockin’ boy party theme, especially when it involves free printables! Awesome job mama!

42. I seriously think you could take just about any party theme idea and totally rock it. I was so surprised to see the neon blue cake in your cupcake shot. You’re such a great mom!

43. this is absolutely AMAZING!

My little guy will be THRILLED!

44. You rock Amy! Thank you so much!

45. Oh My, What a FABULOUS party set up!!! Any boy would be thrilled with this! Y’all did a fantastic job with all the favors and decor! *Hugs* Alicia

46. OMGosh Amy! My kiddo would FLIP over this! :)

• Love it all my son want the cup cake i love the ideia and will cost less! But can you please please tell us how you did the disc on the top of the cup cake? :-( please? Thank you!

Living Locurto is a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to products.