A Reindeer Ugly Christmas Sweater Cake is an easy to make funny dessert for a Tacky Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! Enjoy these funny Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Ideas.
Who wouldn’t want to eat a Vomiting Reindeer Ugly Christmas Sweater Cake?
Seriously? Who could pass up taking a bite out of a Reindeer Ugly Christmas Sweater Cake where Rudolph is vomiting candy? Ha ha!! Each year, my friends throw an epic Ugly Christmas Sweater Party and I’m always trying to think of a fun dessert to make people laugh.
I was inspired to make this Reindeer Ugly Christmas Sweater Cake by one of my favorite Ugly Christmas Sweaters seen on Pinterest. The sweater is actually two combined with one woman wearing a sweater that has Rudolph puking presents, candy, etc., while the other woman is wearing him pooping it all out. The sweater is complete with the two women standing together. It’s so weird it’s hilarious!
I had to turn this weird Ugly Christmas sweater idea into a cake for the party! Ha! Before I share the details of the Ugly Christmas Sweater Cake, I thought you might like to see my favorite homemade Ugly Christmas Sweater!
Funny Homemade Ugly Christmas Sweater Ideas
A few years ago, I made the perfect sweater for the crazy cat lady that I am. This Merry Cat-Mas Sweater was easy to make by hot gluing a cheap stocking to an old sweater and gluing more random decorations around where I had room. My daughter had all kinds of stuffed cats, so I just picked one that fit inside of the stocking and had a fun homemade sweater in minutes!
Mandi and her husband cracked me up with their homemade Ugly Christmas Sweaters! She made her “cape” sweater from a dollar store Christmas tree skirt. You can find some pretty funny snowman tree skirts on Amazon. The battery operated snowflake string lights attached to the trim really made it light up the room. ha! The Jingle Balls sweater… well, it speaks for itself.
The next year, I just recycled my old crazy cat ugly Christmas sweater with a wine bottle swapped out for the stuffed cat. I shared this photo on Instagram and it was a huge hit! All you need to do is hot glue a cheap stocking to an old sweater, add wine and connect some straws together for one long straw. Easy peasy! Be sure to have a hand on your bottle at all times, you don’t want it to fall out. Wasting good wine would be so sad.
How to make a Reindeer Ugly Christmas Sweater Cake
This funny Ugly Christmas Sweater Cake is really easy to make. I sure had lots of fun making it. Hope you enjoy this holiday inspiration and have a very Merry Christmas!
- 1 box cake mix of your choice
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 3-6 tablespoons milk
- Blue, yellow, black and red food coloring
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 1-2 candy canes
- Red and green M&M's
- 1 large marshmallow
- 1 OREO cookie
- Edible marker
- Frosting piping bags
- Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl and pour into a 13 inch x 9 inch pan. Bake as directed or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool.
- Make buttercream frosting by mixing the butter and slowly add in the powdered sugar about a half a cup at a time.
- Once all of the powdered sugar is combined with the butter add vanilla.
- Add milk a tablespoon at a time to the frosting to get the desired consistency.
- Spoon a one cup of frosting into a bowl and add several drops of black food coloring at a time and mix well. Repeat until you achieve a deep black.
- Spoon half a cup of frosting into a small bowl and color red.
- Spoon half a cup of frosting aside for white accents.
- Color the remaining frosting turquoise by adding several drops of blue food coloring and and a few drops of yellow food coloring together. Add more blue to get the desired color.
- Carefully remove the cake from the pan by turning it upside down onto a large square platter or cardboard cake base. Use a knife to cut the top corners of the cake to make it look like rounded shoulders.
- Frost the cake with the turquoise frosting. Use a fork to create the collar design and base of the sweater.
- Add each color of frosting into pipping bags. You should have a bag of chocolate, black, red and white. You don't need piping tips, just trim the bottom of the bags with scissors to make a small opening.
- Start with the reindeer's chocolate body first. Once done, move onto the antlers with the black frosting.
- Twist open an OREO cookie and place it white frosting side up as Rudolph's eye. With black frosting, add a large pupil and a small dot of white frosting for a little twinkle in his eye.
- Use the red frosting to make a red nose and collar.
- Use the white frosting to make the inside of Rudolph's ear and to decorate his collar.
- Gently press your candy into the cake.
- The last touch is the marshmallow tag! Wet your scissors with water and cut a marshmallow into a square. Write the word UGLY onto it with an edible marker. Place the tag onto your sweater and you are done!
More Ugly Christmas Sweater Party Ideas
This Funny Six Pack Beer Holder makes the best Ugly Christmas Sweater Host Gift!
A Red Solo Cup Wreath makes tacky look good!
These Ugly Christmas Sweater Drinks are always a party favorite!