Throwing a Superhero Birthday Party for your little hero? Amy’s Superhero Party Collection from her Party with Amy Locurto line are super adorable, and can easily be turned into cookie party treats!
I was happy to make these adorable cookies for Amy to display at her CHA Booth when she launched the line with Pebbles. I’m happy to hear they were a huge hit! You can easily make these yourself for any occasion. Beautiful cookies always make great birthday party favors!
How to Make Edible Image Superhero Cookies
- Superhero Party Printable Templates (Available in Amy’s shop – the entire party collection is coming soon!)
- Gingerbread Recipe here or Sugar Cookie Recipe here
- Royal Icing Recipe here
- Edible Frosting Sheets
- Edible Ink Printer and Food Coloring Cartridges
- Clear Corn Syrup
- Paintbrush or Foam Brush
- Piping Tips (#3, star tip #14), Couplers, Piping Bag
- You’ll need to print your image onto frosting sheets using an edible ink printer. If you only have a few images to print and don’t want to invest in a printer, check your local bakery shop to see if they can print a sheet for you. Where I live, the grocery store prints them for $10.00 per sheet.
- Cut cookie shapes according to image size & shape. Amy’s Superhero Party Templates are 3″x4″.
Ready to decorate:
Step One: Flood your cookie with royal icing and let it dry for 12 hours. If you’d like more flooding instructions please check out my YouTube channel here.
Step Two: Gently cut out wafer paper image.
Step Three: Apply clear corn syrup to the back of the wafer paper or onto the dried royal icing with a ‘food-only’ paintbrush. Apply image, gently smoothing over the surface all the way to the edges with clean, dry fingers. Have a damp & dry cloth nearby to wipe your hands as they can get sticky.
Step Four: Using a #14 star piping tip, pipe a scalloped edge around the borders with thick royal icing. Let the icing dry and you’re done!
There are so many cute Superhero Party Designs by Amy – check them all out at Pebbles in my Pocket! Hope you have fun making these cookies for your little Superhero!
Originally published on June 3, 2013. Last Updated on May 15, 2021 by Amy Locurto