15 Holiday Cleaning Hacks and Tips + Free Seasonal Soap Set from Grove Collaborative
I love entertaining guests in our home over the holidays, but hate running around picking up toys and scrubbing floors just before guests arrive. Luckily, I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve for us both to prep for guests effortlessly.
Scent is the first thing your guests will notice when they walk through the door, so the absolute easiest way to make it seem like you spent all day cleaning is with some fabulous smelling products. I always look forward to buying seasonal soaps and cleaners. The smell of candy canes and baking cookies just puts me in the holiday spirit!
That’s why I’m so excited about Mrs. Meyer’s new seasonal Peppermint scent! It’s cool and fresh, with just a hint of vanilla. Mrs. Meyer’s also brought back two favorites from last year: Iowa Pine and Orange Clove. The Iowa Pine smells just like a fresh-cut Christmas tree, and the Orange Clove reminds me of mulled wine simmering on the stove.
With this Holiday Set from Grove Collaborative, now you can experience the magic of Mrs. Meyer’s seasonal scents for free. (The hardest part is choosing a scent!)
Start your holiday cleaning by snagging this FREE seasonal set of Mrs. Meyer’s holiday hand soaps from Grove Collaborative! >>click here to get your gifts<< Then use my holiday cleaning hacks and tips to make your house feel festive and party-ready.
Holiday Cleaning Freebies for you!
New Grove Collaborative Customer Offer:
- Mrs. Meyers Holiday Hand Soap
- Mrs. Meyers Holiday Dish Soap
–> Click here if you are new to Grove Collaborative.
There is no fee to join! Pay only for the products you buy (at prices well below your local grocery store) — and carbon offset shipping is free on your first order.
For a limited time!
Their main offer ended on Wed, November 16th, but you can still snag some free soaps while they are still in stock! Once the free products are out of stock, this offer is no more. Hurry, because they will go fast!
15 Holiday Cleaning Hacks and Tips
Entryway Cleaning Hacks
- Holiday season is a perfect time to clean the front windows, especially if they are covered in fingerprints or dog nose prints. Mix 1 cup of water, 1 cup of vinegar, and 1 drop of Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap in a spray bottle. Spritz your windows, grab an old t-shirt or cloth diaper, and give them a quick wipe. (The dish soap helps prevent streaks, and the scent helps cover up the vinegar!)
- In my fantasy life, the kids never leave their backpacks by the door and junk mail never piles up on the counter. Yours too? Make it a reality (momentarily) by stashing clutter in baskets or closets until after guests leave. I won’t tell if you don’t!
Kitchen Cleaning Hacks
- Turkey and pumpkin pie just taste better when they’re baked in a clean oven. Skip the scrubbing and give your oven a quick steam bath: Fill a casserole dish with water and ½ cup of vinegar. Heat the oven to 350, let the water boil for 30 minutes, then let it cool down. Grab a paper towel and wipe the grease away.
- While cooking, washing dirty dishes as you go will keep dishes from piling up in the sink so you can actually focus on enjoying your party.
- Squirt some Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap down your garbage disposal and run it for 30 seconds to get rid of smells. The suds will clean your drain and spread the soap’s scent around your kitchen.
- The kids wanted to help bake, but now there’s flour from one end of the kitchen to the other. Give your counters and appliances a quick wipedown with a damp microfiber cloth. I prefer the e-cloth from Grove Collaborative — it grabs dirt and germs like a magnet.
Bonus tip: Before the holidays are in full swing, stock up on essential cleaning supplies. Grove Collaborative delivers the best natural household products from Method, Mrs. Meyer’s, Seventh Generation and more right to your door. Talk about a holiday cleaning hack!
Bathroom Cleaning Hacks
- Who doesn’t love lathering up with a nice hand soap? Put out one of these Mrs. Meyer’s holiday soaps and your guests won’t be able to resist. The Peppermint scent is perfect for a bathroom!
- Fluffy towels make your bathroom feel like a five-star hotel. Toss towels in the wash with ½ cup of vinegar to refresh and soften them up.
- Don’t have time for a full-on bathroom cleaning? Me either. Swish the toilet bowl with the brush and a splash of cola to make it sparkle. (Seriously!)
- Keep friends from rummaging through your cupboards by leaving extra toilet paper in sight. A pretty basket is a great place to stash a few rolls.
- Don’t forget to empty the trash can. It’s an easy step, but it goes a long way toward making your house feel “clean”.
- Just before guests arrive, light a few candles and flip off the light for instant ambiance. Candles add warmth, coziness, and cover up any less-than-fresh smells — plus they give off just enough light for guests to find your light switch in the dark.
Living Room Cleaning Hacks
- Spritz couches and upholstery with a deodorizing room spray. I love Mrs. Meyer’s room spray — it smells like I just cleaned the whole house!
- It’s tempting to wait until after the party to clean crumbs off your carpet, but a quick vacuum beforehand will make your house look polished. Sprinkle your carpet with baking soda before vacuuming to deodorize and revive the carpet fibers. I also keep a basket of socks and cozy slippers by the door to encourage guests to take their shoes off.
- I love my cat, but nobody wants his fur stuck to their pants! Put on a damp rubber glove and rub it across your chairs with animal hair. The fur will stick to the glove until you rinse it off.