With the holidays coming up and my new kitchen finally done, I’m planning to cook and bake a lot more. A great place to save money is at ALDI, especially when entertaining or hosting family gatherings.
10 Great Things to Buy at ALDI
Have you shopped at an ALDI yet? I have heard great things and about how much money you can save, but hadn’t made it there yet.
So when they contacted me to write about my experience shopping in their store, I was very happy to be able to share my experience with you!
First of all, it’s good to let you know a few things about ALDI before you visit. It’s not your average grocery store!
To help shoppers save money, the store carries mostly ALDI exclusive brands, with a few national brands mixed in. There is no in-store bakery, pharmacy or bank, therefore no hidden costs to your grocery bill.
To save money on staff, ALDI asks you bring a quarter to place into the shopping cart.
After you are done shopping, replace the cart and get your quarter back. I love this!
ALDI has a variety of organic and gluten-free products within its SimplyNature and liveGfree product lines.
I was able to find most of what I usually shop for and more.
What I love are the prices! The wine and beer isle is full of great selections. Check out the price on this Winking Owl Cabernet Sauvignon.
I also was very impressed with the produce and bread selection. French bread is always on my party tables for dips and appetizers. What a great deal and delicious bread!
Another way they save you money is by having you bag your own groceries. If you don’t have bags, you can buy paper bags for 10 cents and these cute eco-friendly bags for $2 or less.
There is a counter space just for bagging!
I had a blast shopping around our new ALDI and will definitely be going back regularly!
Look at the great party spread I created with my goodies from ALDI. This party platter cost around $10!
Best ALDI Finds
I love to stock up on not only groceries for my family, but with items that could be used for entertaining.
Here are ten great products that I found on my recent trip to ALDI. Be on the look-out for these deals. Find an ALDI store near you –> here.
- Little Salad Bar Spinach Artichoke Dip – For a few bucks, this dip is amazing and goes a long way!
- Village Bakery Kitchen Sink Cookies – I took these cookies to a tailgate party and they were gone in minutes. They have a mix of all kinds of things tasty. My favorite cookies at ALDI for sure.
- Fresh Veggies – I couldn’t believe the prices on the vegetables. I stocked up on peppers as they are my favorite party snack!
- Specially Selected Dinner Rolls – The 99 cent dinner rolls are a must get!
- Priano Tagliatelle Al Bronzo Pasta Nests – We are huge fans of pasta and Priano pasta nests will be in my cart each trip.
- Nature’s Nectar 100% Juice Boxes – With no high-fructose corn syrup and cost $1.99, these are perfect for kids lunches or parties.
- Millville Granola Nuggets – Whole grain granola nuggets come in all kinds of flavors and perfect for party treats or school snacks. I’m addicted to adding the coconut nuggets to yogurt. YUM!
- Specially Selected Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives – These delicious olives are huge and with a price of only $3.29 they are a perfect for having on hand when friends stop by.
- Winking Owl Wine – I love the wine, the fun label and definitely the $2.89 price tag!
- Seasonal Items like Nature’s Nectar Sparkling Spiced Pumpkin Cider – Even the bottle is adorable with this yummy drink!
Find all kinds of great recipes over on the ALDI Simply Smarter Living blog here.
Have fun shopping and don’t forget your quarter for the cart!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by ALDI. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting companies that make this website possible.