I was happy to make these adorable cookies for Amy to display at her CHA Booth when she launched the line with Pebbles. I’m happy to hear they were a huge hit! You can easily make these yourself for any occasion. Beautiful cookies always make great birthday party favors!
How to Make Edible Image Superhero Cookies
- Superhero Party Printable Templates (Available in Amy’s shop – the entire party collection is coming soon!)
- Gingerbread Recipe here or Sugar Cookie Recipe here
- Royal Icing Recipe here
- Edible Frosting Sheets
- Edible Ink Printer and Food Coloring Cartridges
- Clear Corn Syrup
- Paintbrush or Foam Brush
- Piping Tips (#3, star tip #14), Couplers, Piping Bag
- You’ll need to print your image onto frosting sheets using an edible ink printer. If you only have a few images to print and don’t want to invest in a printer, check your local bakery shop to see if they can print a sheet for you. Where I live, the grocery store prints them for $10.00 per sheet.
- Cut cookie shapes according to image size & shape. Amy’s Superhero Party Templates are 3″x4″.
Ready to decorate:
Step One: Flood your cookie with royal icing and let it dry for 12 hours. If you’d like more flooding instructions please check out my YouTube channel here.
Step Two: Gently cut out wafer paper image.
Step Three: Apply clear corn syrup to the back of the wafer paper or onto the dried royal icing with a ‘food-only’ paintbrush. Apply image, gently smoothing over the surface all the way to the edges with clean, dry fingers. Have a damp & dry cloth nearby to wipe your hands as they can get sticky.
Step Four: Using a #14 star piping tip, pipe a scalloped edge around the borders with thick royal icing. Let the icing dry and you’re done!
There are so many cute Superhero Party Designs by Amy – check them all out at Pebbles in my Pocket! Hope you have fun making these cookies for your little Superhero!