Michelle used them as decor for a Christmas party. I absolutely love these colors! What a pretty party.
I think the Christmas trees would be a perfect craft for kids or to make as a centerpiece for a table. For my kitchen, I can picture a few of them wrapped in red on a cake stand surrounded by small glitter ornaments. I love that it is such an easy, no mess craft!
What you need:
- 3 Foam Trees (I purchased from Hobby Lobby in the floral craft section and got the three different sizes they sell)
- Decorative ornament balls (I bought this large pack of bright colors from Hobby Lobby for only $2.99)
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Wrap your trees with the yarn.
Start by putting a dab of hot glue on the foam to start your yarn and to keep it in place. I actually didn’t use anymore hot glue as I kept wrapping – it stayed in place perfectly. There is no science to it really, I just kept wrapping – I did not wrap the yarn perfectly as I kind of like the “messy” look of it compared to the perfect lines – plus that would take a bit longer Wrap the trees until your foam is completely covered (takes a couple of minutes) and end your yarn with another dab of hot glue.
2. Hot glue your ornaments.
3. Add a snowflake or ornament of your choice to the top.
Thanks Michelle for the adorable craft idea!
- Visit Michelle on her website, I DO invitations by Michelle for more fun party and decor ideas.
- Photos by Photos by Vitella