Need a fun and easy craft or decoration for the holidays? These cute Yarn Christmas Trees submitted by Michelle, would look great in any room of your home!
Michelle used them as decor for a Christmas party. I absolutely love these colors! What a pretty party.
I think the Christmas trees would be a perfect craft for kids or to make as a centerpiece for a table. For my kitchen, I can picture a few of them wrapped in red on a cake stand surrounded by small glitter ornaments. I love that it is such an easy, no mess craft!
What you need:
- 3 Foam Trees (I purchased from Hobby Lobby in the floral craft section and got the three different sizes they sell)
- Decorative ornament balls (I bought this large pack of bright colors from Hobby Lobby for only $2.99)
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Wrap your trees with the yarn.
Start by putting a dab of hot glue on the foam to start your yarn and to keep it in place. I actually didn’t use anymore hot glue as I kept wrapping – it stayed in place perfectly. There is no science to it really, I just kept wrapping – I did not wrap the yarn perfectly as I kind of like the “messy” look of it compared to the perfect lines – plus that would take a bit longer 🙂 Wrap the trees until your foam is completely covered (takes a couple of minutes) and end your yarn with another dab of hot glue.
2. Hot glue your ornaments.
3. Add a snowflake or ornament of your choice to the top.
Thanks Michelle for the adorable craft idea!
- Visit Michelle on her website, I DO invitations by Michelle for more fun party and decor ideas.
- Photos by Photos by Vitella