1. The Pioneer Woman’s driveway is full of beautiful wild horses. They block the road and sometimes run next to your car. Perfect for freaking out any young city kid in the back seat.
2. When a city kid is scared of fireworks, a cowboy is great at teaching him to be brave. When a cowboy talks, a city kid listens!
3. Cowboys are especially good at teaching city kids how to light things on fire!
4. A city kid will probably wear the brightest shoes possible in hopes the country kids might think he’s a rodeo clown.
5. When country kids could care less, a city kid is more than likely to tattletale on a famous dog after he does something bad. (You’ll have to ask The Pioneer Woman what her dog did, because I would never rat out poor Charlie:-)
6. City kids are amazed to find out the country kid’s parents light gigantic fireworks themselves.
7. An hour into the fireworks show, you might hear a city kid asking “When will it be over?” just as a cowboy announces through the smoke that they are only half way through.
8. A certain famous dog might not be too happy a certain city kid ratted him out. A stare down match might begin. Or maybe the dog will just wonder what those bright blue things are on the city kid’s feet?
9. A country dog will give up all thoughts of city kids after a few seconds. A nap in the middle of the loudest fireworks show ever will be much more satisfying.
10. A city kid will be talking about how much fun he had for several days!!
Thanks Ree for having my city kid and me over while we are home in Oklahoma. Your 4th of July Celebration was a blast! I think I ate all your blackberry cobbler myself!
Rainy Night Photo Disclaimer: Please ignore fizzy hair, wet shirts, runny mascara and shadowy eyes. Thanks!
[ad#Google Ad- 200 image]
Ha! I’m so glad you commented here. I have been searching for your blog. I couldn’t remember it for the life of me! Headed over now… 🙂
First of all, you looked beautiful on the 4th. It was so nice to meet you & your city kid. 🙂 Now what the heck is going on with my shirt in that photo. By the way, I literally laughed out loud when I read the caption on that photo. “City kid telling on Charlie.” LOL That was hilarious!
How fun! I would love to see that firework show!
What fun Amy!!!!…..when you come to visit me in the country, it’s not going to be anything like that! LOL……know when you’re headed this way yet?
I’m actually typing this while I’m on the train headed to Chicago!
Who is this Pioneer Woman you speak of? I’m not sure that I’ve ever heard of her. 🙂
Looks like a party that would be hard to top. We had a few fireworks at my sister’s house. The kids had a blast. Glad to hear you had a great time!
RT @livinglocurto: 10 facts about a city kid’s trip to @thepioneerwoman's ranch… http://bit.ly/9CCl6P
RT @livinglocurto: A city kid’s trip to @thepioneerwoman's ranch… http://bit.ly/9CCl6P <—cute post. I'm a country girl turned city girl
Yes, it’s always fun coming home. Especially to a big ranch party:-) That’s fun you spent your summers on a farm. It’s great coming home, but I still like living in the city! I really miss my Starbucks!
Oh, I LOVE this!! What an awesome experience for your family. I was a city kid that spent her summers on a farm growing up and got made fun of quite a bit 🙂 I think we were referred to as the “yankees” 🙂
@Amy, Whew! Guess it’s sort of like me–I look different without makeup.
@Screwed Up Texan,
Yes it him! He looks different without a hat.
Actually, I don’t even know if that is MM…is it? This is where I go second guessing myself b/c I am really bad with faces.
Don’t be mad Ree, but Amy just took the best photo of MM…oh wow, he really is hot…but where’s Cowboy Josh? Amy, I wanted to see that smokin’ hot dude!
Poor Charlie–your kid cracks me up!
Ha! I squealed when I saw my double chin on PW’s site! LOL! Better than frizzy hair and a big black fireworks mark on my face that I walked around with most of evening:-)
I actually grew up in the little town close to PW. I also lived on a ranch like that for a short while. It’s funny, I forget how “city” my kids are until we go visit my family:-)
Oh man…fun fireworks.
City kids and cowboys now that makes for a great time.
I totally squealed aloud when I saw you in Ree’s post a couple days ago. I always get such a kick out of seeing my favorite internet peeps/worlds collide and overlap 🙂
I love this! Great post and so much fun to see a city kid enjoying himself. I bet a city mom did too!
I’ll say it again…Jealous!!! You look like you had a total blast!
How amazing! I have always wanted to visit her ranch to work with the horses and cows. Of course hanging out with Charlie would be a treat too!
Glad you had fun!
Amy, that had to be fun!! What a fireworks show that must have been. Cute post & lucky you to be there. I wish I had gotten to meet MM, the kids & Charlie while I was there. Time was too short!
Looks like a fantastic time! Wouldn’t expect anything less from one of Ree’s parties 🙂
Comments are closed.