Serving this easy Spider-Man Candy Popcorn recipe made with sour cherry candy will make you the hero of the party! A fun snack for a birthday party or movie night at home with your family.
Sponsored by Conagra
Spider-man Candy Popcorn
Make this easy Spider-Man Candy Popcorn recipe and you’ll be the hero of your house! With the help of ACT II popcorn through Walmart online grocery pickup, you can have the coolest Spider-Man: Far From Home viewing party right in your living room!
I’ll admit, whatever I can do to be considered somewhat “cool” with my teenagers, I’ll do it! I think this simple Spider-Man candy popcorn treat did the trick. It looks like you spent hours making, but in reality, it’s very simple to make and thanks to Walmart, a super low priced snack.
We’ve always got ACT II microwave popcorn stocked in our home. With only 130 calories per serving, 100% whole-grain popcorn and no trans fat, it’s our favorite for sure.
–> Click here for $0.75 off a 12 pack box of ACT II popcorn from Walmart! Choose from ACT II Xtreme Butter Popcorn, Butter Popcorn, 94% Fat-Free Butter Popcorn or Butter Lovers Microwave Popcorn.
What candy goes best with popcorn?
There are many candy options to pair with popcorn, but for a Spider-Man themed snack I needed red candy. I used the ACT II Butter popcorn with sour cherry candy for this delicious sweet, sour and salty candy popcorn recipe.
I love this butter popcorn because you get the perfect balance of buttery and salty taste in every fluffy kernel! The mixture of the red sour cherry candy along with this delicious buttery popcorn makes it perfect for a movie night Spider-Man snack!
Spider-Man: Far From Home Party
While you’re at Walmart getting your popcorn and candy you need for this recipe, pick up a copy of the new Spider-Man: Far From Home on DVD and Blue-Ray. We can’t get enough of this fun action movie and could watch it over and over!
What You’ll Need To MAKE SPIDER-MAN CANDY POPCORN
This recipe is very simple to make! All you need are a few things:
- Light Corn Syrup
- Sour Red Cherry Candy
- 1 Bag ACT II Microwave Popcorn
- Free Printable Spider-Man Eyes –> Click Here to Download
How To Make Sour Cherry Spider-Man Candy Popcorn
Step 1 – Pop a bag of popcorn in the microwave and let cool.
Step 2 – In a sauce pan on low heat, melt the butter and syrup together. Then add the candy and stir with a whisk until melted.
Step 3 – In a large bowl, add the popcorn and pour half of the candy mixture over the popcorn and gently toss with a spoon. Add the rest of the candy mixture and throughly coat the popcorn with a second coat of candy.
Step 4 – On a baking sheet covered with wax paper, mold the candy popcorn into a Spider-Man head. Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
Step 5 – Transfer popcorn onto a serving platter and place the printable Spider-Man eyes on your popcorn.
How long does candy popcorn last?
This candy popcorn lasts up to a week at room temperature if sealed in an air tight container. But I’m sure you’ll eat it all up on your movie night! Enjoy this fun food recipe idea.
Spider-Man Candy Popcorn
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 3/4 Cup Sour Red Cherry Candy
- 2.75 ounce Microwave Popcorn Bag
- Pop a bag of popcorn in the microwave and let cool.
- In a sauce pan on low heat, melt the butter and syrup. Add in the candy and stir with a whisk until melted. If too gooey, you can add a teaspoon more of syrup.
- In a large bowl, add the popcorn and pour half of the candy mixture over the popcorn and gently toss with a spoon. Add the rest of the candy mixture and throughly coat the popcorn with a second coat of candy.
- On a baking sheet covered with wax paper, mold the candy popcorn into a Spiderman head. Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Place Spider-Man eyes printables onto the head. Store in an air tight container before serving.