Last updated on July 31st, 2017 at 02:18 pm
The Powerpuff Girls sandwiches are a cute superhero school lunch idea for kids!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Make school lunches more fun by making The Powerpuff Girls sandwich art!
I love making fun school lunches, and excited to share one of my most fun food creations to date… The Powerpuff Girls school lunches!
Aren’t they the cutest superheroes? I created these fun sandwiches in partnership with Hulu to let you know that they are back! Hulu now is the only place to find the full classic animated series The Powerpuff Girls.
Now you can send some girl power to school with your kids, by making these cute sandwiches! It’s sandwich art that’s full of sugar, spice, and everything nice.
Hulu is THE streaming destination for the best of TV, and a great selection of films! Plus, you can stream almost anywhere, on any device, including gaming consoles, set-top boxes, tablets, mobile phones, and more. Visit Hulu.com to start your free trial.
About The Powerpuff Girls!
If you don’t remember the Cartoon Network’s original series, let me tell you a little about it. The Powerpuff Girls centers around three superheroes, Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup, whose missions in life alternate between going to school, fighting crime, winning at hopscotch and saving the world before bedtime.
Blossom is the confident and courageous leader of The Powerpuff Girls.
Bubbles is the second of The Powerpuff Girls known as “The Joy and the Laughter.”
Buttercup is the third of The Powerpuff Girls known as “The Toughest Fighter.”
I had so much fun making sandwiches from The Powerpuff Girls! Here’s how I did it…
What you’ll need to Make The Powerpuff Girls Sandwiches:
- A large round cookie cutter (I used a thermos – it worked just as well as a cookie cutter)
- bottle caps for cutting small candy into circles
- Salt-Water Taffy
- Mini OREO Cookies
- Provolone Cheese (Bubble’s hair)
- Cheddar Cheese (Blossom’s hair)
- Sushi Sheets (Buttercup’s hair)
- Olives (mouth)
- 1 Red Fruit Roll-Up
- wax paper
The main challenge I faced when making The Powerpuff Girls sandwiches, was how to come up with a way to make their eyes. I was so happy with the way the taffy worked! I got a bag of taffy at my grocery store which had all of the colors I needed.
How to make eyes:
- Scrape the white filling out of a mini OREO.
- Find a white piece of taffy and roll it out thin with a rolling pin.
- Cut out a circle shape with a bottle cap. My taffy had red or black taffy in the white ones, but I just cut around the color.
- Do the same with a colorful piece of candy for the girl’s eye color. You can use a red fruit roll-up for the red eye.
- Now take a small piece of white taffy, roll it into a ball and flatten it out for the eyeball. Gently lay it on the Oreo wafer. Add some water on the back for it to stick.
- Add the OREO to the colorful round candy shape.
- Then roll out the white shape a little more with your rolling pin to make it larger than the colorful circle. Then add the rest of the eye onto the white circle. Set it aside on wax paper while you make the other eye.
Once you have the eyes finished, cut your bread into a circle, make your sandwich and add the eyes to the top.
Decorate the rest of the face with cheese or sushi sheets for the hair, then attach half of an olive for the mouth with a bit of cream cheese.
I used strawberries for Blossom’s bunny ears.
The Powerpuff Girls turned out super cute! This would make any little girl’s day at school.
Girl Power rules! Be sure to check out The Powerpuff Girls trailer below and stream on Hulu anytime!
This post is in partnership with Hulu.
You might also like these school lunch ideas!