I love making crafts with my kids for Valentines Day and a DIY Placemat is perfect, especially on snow days!
I’m happy to welcome Brittney as a guest blogger today! She is a crafty mommy of two who tries to throw a play date party every other month for her adorable 3 year old son and his friends. This month, her play date party has a Valentine’s Day theme and the kids will be making Valentine’s Placemats.
Enjoy this simple step-by-step tutorial to make your own cute and easy placemat craft!
- glue or glue stick
- scrapbook paper
- pre-cut hearts (cut out of scrapbook paper)
- construction paper
- contact paper
1. Pre-cut two equal pieces of contact paper in desired size for a placemat.
2. Have kids color and paste Valentine’s themed hearts on a piece of construction paper.
3. Separate backing from contact paper and place finished construction paper design on sticky part of contact paper.
4. Cut a border out of scrapbook paper and stick on sticky part of contact paper around construction paper.
5. Separate backing from second piece of contact paper and stick on top of other contact paper. Seal together by pressing hard along the edges.
6. Cut excess contact paper around the placemat.
I love that the kids can make this craft idea all by themselves. Go enjoy some coffee or hot cocoa while they craft!
Visit Brittney’s blog Mixin’ Mom for more easy craft ideas for kids!