These Red, White and Blue Funfetti Cupcakes are so easy and a great dessert for a 4th of July party!
Red, White and Blue Funfetti Cupcakes
Wow your friends with this creative surprise inside dessert for a festive 4th of July party! These simple Red, White and Blue Funfetti Cupcakes are filled with patriotic colors and topped with homemade buttercream icing, sprinkles and of course American Flags.
I always love coming up with fun red, white and blue recipes! My American Flag Veggie tray has been one of my most popular 4th of July party food ideas, but I wanted to create a another dessert this year. I’ve done many fun patriotic desserts over the years, but these simple 4th of July cupcakes might be one might be one of my favorites!
What makes these red, white and blue Funfetti cupcakes extra fun is displaying them on your party table with plastic wine glasses filled with red white and blue candy. For such an easy idea, these creative cake stands will be the talk of the party!
Patriotic 4th of July Cupcakes
Making red, white and blue cupcakes is so easy! It’s a fun surprise to bite into your cupcake to find it filled with patriotic colors. I think I had the most fun decorating these cupcakes.
I found a bunch of shiny 4th of July decorations, probably meant for a wreath, cut them up and added as toppers to my dessert. Who says you have to find your cake decorations in the cake isle? ha! If it’s good enough for a wreath, it’s good enough for my cupcakes. LOL!
How to Make Red, White and Blue Funfetti Cupcakes
Making these Red, White and Blue Funfetti Cupakes are easy. The wow factor of this 4th of July dessert is the way you display them on your party table. Filling plastic wine glasses with red white and blue candy, then adding a cupcake makes them super festive and sure to impress your party guests! I got these wine glasses at Oriental Trading Company and used M&M’s for the candy.
Here are what the cupcakes look like inside after you bake them. Aren’t they fun? I hope you have a fabulous 4th of July this year!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you make these cupcakes, please leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram using the hashtag #LivingLocurto. I love to see your creations!
Red, White and Blue Funfetti Cupcakes
- 1 Butter Cake Mix Box
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 6 cup Powdered Sugar
- ⅔ cup Butter softened
- 2 ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- ¼ cup Patriotic Candy Sprinkles
- 3-5 cups Red, White and Blue Candy
- 12 Plastic Wine Glasses
- 12 American Flag Toothpicks
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, oil, eggs and water until cake batter is creamy.
- Gently fold patriotic candy sprinkles into the cake batter. If you mix them in too much the colors will blend.
- Add batter to cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Once done, let cool.
- Make the homemade frosting by mixing powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and milk into bowl. Mix until smooth and fluffy. Add extra milk to get desired thickness.
- If desired, add red or blue food coloring. Frost the cupcakes.
- Top cupcakes with additional candy sprinkles, small American Flags and other patriotic decorations of your choice.
- For an extra fun 4th of July party display, fill a plastic wine glass 3/4 full of patriotic candy and place cupcakes on top of candy.
You mention water in step one but no reference to amount in the list at all. I’m using the amount stated on the box mix and hoping for the best.
Awww Thanks! Glad you love the cupcakes!
Your just so amazing
Are these mini cupcakes or regular size? Great idea for the 4th of July!
It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks a lot!
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.