Need a quick and easy no bake dessert for a party? Or maybe you need a last-minute gift idea to wrap up for chocolate lover? Then this Dark Chocolate Citrus Candy is for you!
This no-bake recipe only takes a few minutes and is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health. You will have an amazing dessert that will be gobbled up by party guests in minutes!
Since using essential oils in my home, I’m now obsessed with Grapefruit oil. Did you read about my recent weight loss? I wrote about that here. After seeing the great results from using this oil, I got a thought! Since grapefruit is high in enzymes that burn fat, would putting it in chocolate make it OKAY to eat candy even when you are on a diet? Naaaa! But I can try right? LOL!
Even the scent alone of grapefruit stimulates sympathetic nerves that supply the brown adipose tissue and adrenal glands, which help stimulate weight loss. This mixed with chocolate is a win win!
At least by using dark chocolate, which is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health and known to lower the risk of heart disease and the healthy therapeutic grade grapefruit oil, it really is “good for you” candy! Eaten in moderation of course.
I can’t say enough good things about this chocolate! I’ve made it for two parties in the last month and there is never any left. Plus, it’s a great reason to get out my cute candy mold trays to make fun shaped candy.
How to make Dark Chocolate Citrus Candy
- Glass Bowl
- Dark Chocolate Chips or Candy Melts – I like using Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers.
- Pure Therapeutic Grade Grapefruit Essential Oil – Learn how to get started with Essential Oils here.
- Candy Molds
- Add 1 cup chocolate into a glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Stir chocolate and heat 20-30 more seconds if needed and stir again until smooth. Only heat in short periods of time, stirring between each time. If you over heat, the candy will burn.
- Add 10-15 drops of grapefruit oil and stir. Taste and add more essential oil if you prefer.
- Pour into clean and dry candy molds, tap the molds to the counter to make sure the chocolate fills the mold, then place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Chocolate will pop out of the molds after it cools. Cooling time will depend on your candy. Can be anywhere from 10-30 minutes.
This recipe makes 15-20 pieces of candy depending on the shape and size of your candy molds.
So easy right?!? Such great homemade candy everyone loves!
Join the Fun & Get $50 of FREE Gifts!!
Don’t miss the special deal this month if you order an Essential Oils Premium Starter Pack. Get 11 oils, a diffuser, samples and $50 worth of free gifts from me! Click here for more details.
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.
Originally published on May 19, 2015. Last Updated on May 15, 2021 by Amy Locurto