School Valentine’s Day parties are this week! Are you ready yet? I spent some time designing new Free Printable Valentines and crafting a little homemade gift for my kid’s teachers this weekend. I thought you might like this easy idea. It’s perfect for the last minute gift giver!
I found some cute notebooks at Target for a dollar and decided to make a gift card holder/note pad for our teachers. Thought it would be a nice way to give a gift card besides in a plain card. Plus, I wanted to use my new cute party favor bags for something!
This craft took about 10 minutes to make and I used mainly things I already had at home. I did find some cute blinged clothes pins and felt hearts to make it a special touch.
What you’ll need:
- Small blank notebook (Found mine at Target for $1)
- Free Printable Valentine Tags (These also work for Project Life Albums)
- Clothes Pin (Found mine at Michaels in the $1 bin. You could paint a plain one or use washi tape)
- Felt or Paper Hearts (I got mine at Michaels)
- Party Favor Bag or small envelope
- Washi Tape (optional – I used Pebble’s new washi tape.)
- Twine or Ribbon (optional)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Small Hole Punch
Download the Free Printable Valentine Tags. These also work for Project Life albums.
- Decorate your notebook with washi tape. (optional)
- Glue a felt heart to a clothes pin. Attach a tag to the notebook with the clothes pin.
- Glue a favor bag or envelope to the inside front cover and add a note or gift card.
- Punch a small hole in the center of the covers. Add a ribbon or twine to each cover.
- Close the book and tie covers together.
For a quick and cheap project, I thought it turned out really cute!
What are you doing for your teacher gifts?