Halloween and Thanksgiving seasons are the perfect time to make fun food for kids. Try making some Jack o’ Lantern grilled cheese sandwiches for an easy and spooktacular treat!
What you’ll need:
- Bread – I used Sandwich Thins as they are a little thicker and easy to stand up with a toothpick.
- Cheese Slices
- Pumpkin Cookie Cutter
- Cake Decorating Tips or something else to cut small circle shapes.
- Wax Paper
- Toothpicks and broccoli (optional)
2. Put a slice of cheese on wax paper and cut with the cookie cutter. Cut out the Jack o ‘lantern’s face with cake decorating tips or anything else you have handy that can make small shapes. I used a knife for the mouth.
3. Place the cut bread over the top of the cheese, then flip the wax paper over and pull it off of the cheese. The cheese will fit perfect on the bread!
4. Bake in a toaster oven or place on a cookie sheet in a regular oven at 350° for 3-5 minutes until cheese has melted to the bread.
5. Let cool and stick a toothpick into a piece of broccoli and place the pumpkin sandwich over the toothpick so it will stand up on the plate.
You could make regular pumpkin sandwiches at Thanksgiving for picky eaters.
This is a great project for kids as well! My daughter is begging me to let her make her own now.