Last updated on April 4th, 2011 at 12:42 am
Monday – Rotisserie Chicken, Asparagus & Potatoes
Tuesday – Easy Avocado Enchiladas
Wednesday – Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
Thursday – Margherita Pizza
Friday starts spring break for us which means no cooking!
Rotisserie Chicken, Asparagus & PW’s Crash Hot Potatoes
- Store Bought Rotisserie Chicken
- New Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
The Pioneer Woman’s Crash Hot Potatoes
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and add potatoes until they are tender.
- Drizzle olive oil on cookie sheet
- Place tender potatoes on cookie sheet with plenty of room between each one.
- Gently press down each potato with a potato masher until slightly mashed.
- Brush tops of each crushed potato with olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chopped rosemary.
Bake in 450° oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- I will add my asparagus on the pan with the potatoes and drizzle with the oil, salt and pepper.
Easy Avocado Enchiladas
This is a favorite in our house! So easy and soooo good.
- 2 Cans Enchilada Sauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- corn tortillas
- 1 pound Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
- rice & beans
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop avocado and toss with cilantro, onion, jalapeno, lime juice and salt.
- In saucepan, heat oil over medium flame for about 2-5 minutes. Once oil is hot, fry tortillas one at a time for one minute each side, or until lightly brown. Remove and blot on paper towel (if you skip frying the tortilla, the enchiladas will not hold form).
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Dip fried tortillas in a bowl of remaining sauce, add a large spoonful or two of avocado filling in each tortilla. Roll up and arrange rolled tortillas side by side in casserole dish. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes take foil off and bake for another five minutes. Serve with spanish rice and black beans.
Jazzed up Canned Black Beans:
Drain and rinse beans with water. Pour them into a glass bowl and simply top with any favorite taco sauce or southwest seasoning. Heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
Cook 1 lb. bow tie pasta and run cold water over it to chill.
Mix in a large bowl:
- Chilled Pasta
- Tomatoes (cut large tomatoes in wedges or cut grape tomatoes in half)
- Sliced Cucumber
- Pitted Calamata Olives (whole or cut)
- Feta Cheese
- Diced Chicken (From Monday’s rotisserie chicken)
- Toss with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (I usually make my own, but this time I used store bought)
Voila! Salad done… serve cold.
Margherita Pizza & Kid Movie Night
Toppings for Margherita: Olive oil, salt and pepper, fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, fresh chopped basil. Add some parmesan cheese around the edge of the crust.
Modified for my picky kids: They will have their own pizza with store bought sauce and mozzerella.
Recipe & Photos By: This Week For Dinner
Friday – Sunday
Leftovers or Eat out – It’s our spring break!
[ad#Google Ad- 200 image]