- One Pan Dinner – Cheesy Chicken, Rice and Broccoli
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- Make Your Own Pizza Night
- Salmon Patties & Mashed Potatoes
- Spicy Turkey Crock-Pot Lasagna
The list is categorized by meal so you can pick and choose what you want to buy.
One Pan Dinner – Cheesy Chicken, Rice and Broccoli
- 1 package of chicken breast tenders
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 can of 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups instant whole grain brown rice
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1/2 -1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in pan, add chicken and cook until it’s brown on both sides. About 5-10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and add soup, chicken broth, salt (optional) and pepper until boiling.
- Stir in rice and broccoli then reduce the heat.
- Add chicken back to pan, cover and cook until rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Zesty Lemon Seasoning such as Weber Grill Creations
- 6-8 Tilapia Fillets
- Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 400. In a shallow dish, combine cheese, bread crumbs, paprika and parsley.
- Drizzle the fish with olive oil and dredge in the cheese mixture.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Season with Zesty Lemon Seasoning and sprinkle with a little Lemon Juice.
- Bake until the fish is opaque in the thickest part, 10-12 minutes. Serve with a little more Lemon Juice and your favorite sides. (Try sweet potatoes and corn.)
Make Your Own Pizza Night
This is fun for the whole family! I like to have little bowls of toppings to try to get my kids to try new things. I usually doesn’t work… but I try. LOL!
- Ready made pizza crust or pizza dough (I use Pillsbury Pizza Crust)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce or pasta sauce
- Favorite toppings
Toppings for Margherita: Olive oil, salt and pepper, fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, fresh chopped basil.
- Spread out pizza dough for individual pizzas (put two small pizzas on one baking pan)
- Spoon on sauce
- Add your favorite toppings
- Spread a little olive oil around the edge of the pizza crust
- Cook in oven according to pizza crust directions.
Salmon Patties & Mashed Potatoes
The original recipe I found is by Ellie Krieger, but I change it up a bit for my family.
- 6 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread (or bread crumbs if you don’t have a food processor)
- 3-4 Large pouches of boneless salmon (use cans if you’d like, but you’ll have to remove the bones)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 scallions chopped
- handful of chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Potatoes for mashing or store bought instant (I’ll be using instant this week!)
- Vegetable of your choice
- Remove crusts from the bread, break into pieces, and process in a food processor until you get a fine bread crumb. (use 3/4-1 cup of bread crumbs as an alternative)
- Mix the salmon and eggs together.
- Add chopped scallions, cilantro, pepper, and the bread crumbs to the mix.
- Shape into patties.
- Heat half of olive oil over a medium heat. Add patties and cook a few of the patties for 5 minutes on each side. Add the remaining olive oil to the pan, and cook the rest of the salmon patties.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetable of your choice.
Spicy Turkey Crock-Pot Lasagna
I found this original recipe on Parents.com, I’ve never made lasagna in a crock-pot, so this will be first. It sounds pretty good! We shall see:-)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and red-pepper flakes to taste
- 15 oz. container ricotta
- 1 package of mozzarella
- 1 – 10 oz package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- fresh ground pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked and broken in half
- 1 large jar pasta sauce (your favorite kind)
- 1 cup water
- Cook turkey in a pan. Season with Italian seaonings, salt and pepper flakes.
- Mix ricotta, mozzarella and spinach in a bowl. Add salt and fresh ground pepper.
- In a crock-pot, put a spoonful of pasta sauce to coat the bottom of the pot, then add a layer of the noodles.
- Add half the meat mixture over noodles. Pour on half the pasta sauce and half the water. Spread half the cheese mixture on top. Repeat layers.
- Cover slow cooker; cook on low heat 4-1/2 hours.
Weekend is leftovers!
[ad#Google 300 Square]