Kid friendly Halloween themed recipes are great for dinner during this fun season. Enjoy this week’s free meal plan!
- Mini Pizza Mummies
- Sausage Potato Soup & Spooky Lady Fingers
- Mummy Hot Dogs
- Mummy Meat Loaf
- Ghost Grilled Cheese
Mini Pizza Mummies
- English Muffins Halves
- Mozzarella Cheese Slices Cut into strips
- Pizza Sauce
- Pepperoni or other pizza topping
- Sliced black olives
Add sauce and topping to muffin, olives for eyes and lay strips of cheese over the top to create your mummy. Let the kids build their own for some fun family cooking! Bake for about 10 minutes at 350°.
Aren’t these hilarious? Just cut your apple and add some almond slivers for teeth!
Photos and recipes found via Family Fun
Sausage Potato Soup
- 5-6 medium sized potatoes, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup butter (if you want to eliminate the butter… use Yukon Gold Potatoes)
- 6-8 cups chicken stock (I add more to mine so I’ll have leftovers)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
This recipe is so good! You’ll be munching on it for a few days:-) Get the full recipe and directions here.
Recipe by: Cafe Johnsonia
Creepy Lady Fingers
Use Pillsbury bread stick dough. Cut them in half, roll into finger shapes. Add almonds for the fingernails. (I painted mine with red food coloring). Use a knife to make knuckle markings and bake.
Mummy Hot Dogs
- Pillsbury dough or crescent rolls
- hot dogs
- mustard or ketchup for eyes
Cut the dough into strips and wrap the hot dogs into mummies. Bake for 15 minutes at 400° Add mustard or ketchup dots for eyes. You could cut the hot dogs in half for mini mummies.
**Parents can eat left over soup from Tuesday.
Mummy Meat Loaf
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1/2 package of breakfast sausage
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- BBQ sauce or Ketchup (I like BBQ sauce best)
- 6-8 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 slices of cheese
- 2 black or green olives for eyes
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine meat, sausage, breadcrumbs and egg in a bowl.
- Coat a round glass bowl with cooking spray. This will go in the oven, so make sure it is oven safe.
- Shape mixture inside the bowl.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until done.
- While it’s baking cook some lasagna noodles for the mummy wrap. (slice off the curly edges after they are cooked.)
- Cover meatloaf with BBQ sauce or Ketchup.
- Add cheese and olives for eyes, then wrap with lasagna.
This is my meatloaf recipe, but I found this adorable photo via FamilyCorner.com. I might make a few mini mummies to try something different. My kids will have a blast wrapping the mummy up… I doubt they will eat it, but at least it will be fun!
Ghost Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
We have ghost cookie cutters and will cut ghosts out for some spooky fun!
Try this sandwich for something different if plain grilled cheese is too boring. You could call it “Bloody Vampire Sandwiches”.
- Provolone Cheese
- Grilled Chicken
- Pasta Sauce
Weekend is leftovers! Happy Halloween!!!
Check out my other free meal plans for more meal ideas.
Originally published on October 26, 2009. Last Updated on May 15, 2021 by Amy Locurto