I’m making some of my favorite recipes from my past menus and trying a few new ones. This week, I made you a printable grocery list!
I put ingredients for individual recipes, so if you don’t like a certain meal, you can scratch off those groceries. Enjoy!
Monday – Grilled Basil & Lemon Salmon with Tomatoes & Asparagus
Tuesday – Baked Chicken Nuggets
Wednesday – Fast & Easy Tortilla Roll-Ups
Thursday – Jazzed Up Mac & Cheese
Friday – Creamy Italian Crock-Pot Chicken
Grilled Basil & Lemon Salmon with Tomatoes & Asparagus
Recipe by my friend in real life Cate. Thanks Cate!
- Butter substitute like I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter or 1/2 stick softened butter
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1-2 lemons, sliced
- 3-4 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- Fresh Asparagus
- Salmon Fillets – if you have a large slab of Salmon, slice it into portions as they will be served
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Mix the chopped basil into the softened butter and set aside
- Lay out foil for each serving of Salmon you plan to make – foil should be about 12-15 inches in length
- Place salmon in the center of the foil
- Put about a tablespoon of the basil butter mixture on top of salmon and press down slightly with a spoon along the top of the salmon sprinkle with pepper
- Place 2-3 lemon slices on top of butter mixture
- Add 3 asparagus stems to the packet (rub butter mixture on top of asparagus for extra taste)
- Sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of the diced Roma Tomatoes on top of lemon layer
- Salt to taste and grind fresh pepper on top
- Pull top and bottom of foil up and roll down until it seals in the center. Fold over the sides several time toward the center to seal and form the foil packet.
Place on medium heat grill for 10-12 minutes (in oven cook 20-25 minutes at 375°)
- Open steaming packets carefully and enjoy!
Sides: Salad or brown rice.
**My fast rice option is Minute Rice Ready to Serve Brown Rice. I open several packs and cook in a microwave safe glass dish for 2-3 minutes. It’s really good!
Baked Chicken Nuggets
I found this recipe on BettyCrocker.com. I took out some of the butter and they turned out really good.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal (Crushed in a large ziplock bag- use a rolling pin)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with oil.
- Put Cereal, Parmesan, salt, garlic powder, and paprika into a gallon zip lock bag.
- Mix milk and butter in a small bowl.
- Dip half of the chicken into the milk and butter
- Put chicken into bag. Seal and shake bag to coat.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, turning halfway through bake time.
Fast & Easy Tortilla Roll-Ups
- 1 package of tortillas (I like whole wheat)
- Low Fat Cream Cheese
- Turkey Lunch Meat
- Fresh Spinach Leaves
- Shredded Carrots
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
Put everything out and let family assemble their own roll-ups.
- Slice into bite size pieces.
Serve with Salad or fruit of Choice
Jazzed Up Mac & Cheese
- 1 package of Macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (add 1 more cup if you prefer it really cheesy)
- 1/2 – 1 lb Hamburger Meat (Ground Turkey Optional)
- Tomatoes (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Boil water and cook macaroni
- While noodles are cooking, brown hamburger meat in skillet.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir flour into the butter until smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in salt.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add cheese and continue to cook and stir until melted.
- Stir cooked macaroni and cheese into the pan with the hamburger.
- Divide macaroni mixture into small bowls or put all in one large glass baking dish.
- Top with a tomato slices and sprinkle with paprika and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbling.
Serve with Broccoli
• Sneaky Chef Idea: Add pureed white beans for a healthier meal.
Creamy Italian Crock-Pot Chicken
Recipe and photo by Angie at The Arthur Clan (she says all of her kids love this!)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- (optional) 1 can (4 oz.) mushroom stems and pieces (drained)
- hot cooked noodles or rice
- Cut the chicken into medium sized chunks and place in slow cooker.
- Combine salad dressing mix and water – pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended.
- If you like mushrooms – Stir them into mix now.
- Pour mix over chicken.
- Cook 1 hour longer or until juices run clear.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Weekend is leftovers! For More great meal plans visit my Meal Plan Page. Thanks- Amy
You might also like:
[ad#Google 300 Square]
Originally published on August 31, 2009. Last Updated on May 15, 2021 by Amy Locurto