This is the perfect kids activity to help keep little ones entertained while the adults cook and watch football. Plus, a homemade turkey makes an adorable keepsake or decoration for the Thanksgiving Day table.
Living Creative Thursdays is a “just for fun” blog link party where you can share photos of your creative living. Share on Facebook or Instagram by using the hashtag #LivingCreative. This November we are sharing holiday ideas with a theme of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
The goal is to create community, get to know others and inspire each other with our creative living. Not only is it a fun way to share creative DIY ideas, but a way for us to give back to the Living Locurto Community by featuring other’s creative projects.
I hope you will participate in Living Creative Thursdays and spread the word by telling your friends! Share online with the hashtag or enter your links here.
#LivingCreative Thursday Themes
- November – Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Ideas – Link Up Your Ideas here.
- December – Holiday DIY Gift & Party Ideas (Official link up starts on Dec. 4th)
I hope you enjoy this cute Turkey craft with your kids!
What you’ll need:
- Red, brown, orange and yellow construction paper.
- Brown, Orange or Yellow Pom Pom
- Craft Googly Eyes
- Large Paper or Styrofoam Cup
- Colorful Ribbon
- Brown Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Regular Glue or Hot Glue
- Paint a cup brown and let dry. If you have colorful cups, you can omit this step.
- Trace your child’s hand on several sheets of paper and cut the shape out for the feathers.
- Turn the cup upside down and glue the hand feathers to the back.
- Cut a heart shape out of red paper and a triangle out of yellow paper. Glue the triangle shaped beak onto the pom pom and the red underneath the beak. Make sure the pointy side is what you glue to the pom pom.
- Add the googly eyes to the pom pom and glue the Turkey head to the cup.
- Cut out orange bird feet and glue to the bottom of the cup.
- Add a bow tie or any other embellishments to decorate your turkey.
This turkey craft makes an wonderful keepsake for Thanksgiving! Watch your kids hands over the years.
If you make these, I would love to see! You can share your photos with the hashtag #LivingLocurto, #LivingCreative or add photos to my Facebook Page.