I love making DIY Gifts especially during the holidays! My talented friend, Lori, made Rosemary Sea Salt in a Jar for party favors and I thought they would make perfect Christmas gifts as well.
As a mom of a Cub Scout, I bought a ton of popcorn for their fundraiser and thinking this sea salt recipe would be a perfect DIY gift to add with some popcorn!
I’m thrilled that Lori and her friend Jenny who designed the gorgeous labels made the recipe and tags available for us today!
It’s super easy to make and they say it’s fabulous on popcorn. PERFECT! I can’t wait to try it.
ROSEMARY SEA SALT
- Yields 12 Wide Mouth Half Pint Ball Jars
- 4 containers of 24 oz. Alessi Sea Salt, Fine Grain
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Save some fresh rosemary sprigs to garnish on top, inside each jar.
For gift giving purposes, we have created a recipe that will make enough for 12 half pint Ball jars. This recipe is very easy to reduce or enlarge, depending on how many gifts you need to prepare.
- Wash and dry the fresh rosemary. Allow time for the rosemary to dry out a bit before you chop it.
- Pour the fine grain sea salt into a large glass bowl.
- In a food processor, finely chop 3/4 of the fresh rosemary, leaving some sprigs to use as garnish later.
- Stir the chopped rosemary into the salt. Stir well.
- Spoon salt mixture into each jar. Add a fresh sprig of rosemary on top of the salt, before you screw on the lid.
Free Printable Jar Labels
Download the Free Printable Rosemary Sea Salt Gift Tags.
Thanks for sharing this with us Lori and Jenny! Be sure to check out their blogs and shop for more creative ideas.
Lori is a Creative Director for an international fashion accessory company located in Dallas, TX. Fueled by the creative energy her jobs brings, she also has a love of celebrating through parties, crafts, gift-giving and food, which are highlighted on her blog: www.socially-gifted.com. A wife, mom, sister and friend, Lori loves to celebrate everyone in her life.
Follow her on her blog on Pinterest.
Jenny is a designer, mom and a compulsive crafter with a raging sweet tooth. She loves Dr. Pepper, Star Wars, and practicing calligraphy. She lives in Texas (and never wants to move) where she runs a personalization business with her husband – DixieBelleGifts.com.
Originally published on December 14, 2013. Last Updated on May 15, 2021 by Amy Locurto